Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a tough one, looking for 4 Hub Caps for a 66 sprintgt veloce, I know there are repros out there, not sure about original full hub caps Thanks kempton

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
Not sure I understand your question. You seem to be aware of the repro caps sold by Classic Alfa and others; is there a reason that you don't like those?

Used caps show up on ebay pretty regularly. Here's a current auction: Alfa Romeo Hubcap Wheel Cover Rim Lug Center Hub Cap Used 9 3 4" | eBay Often the ones on ebay require some ding removal; the one in this auction looks pretty dent-free.

Note that these caps came in two styles based on the wheels they attach to:
- Caps that snap over three spring clips that are riveted to the wheel (I think this is the earlier type)
- Caps that snap over three humps pressed into the wheel (one in the current ebay auction is this type)
You should specify which you need.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good to know, Im figuring things out as I go, my 1st alfa, I think Id prefer the original caps in good shape if I can find them, THANK YOU for the lead on ebay, didn't think they would be there,

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Here are some of the earlier type. Six total, four in pretty good shape, and two not so good, but the center rings will be useful. They would make great driver items. They may need to be re-chromed for show quality.

$175 shipped in the US.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
Skiwalk:

Those look like the type of hubcap that mounts to the wheels using three, riveted-on clips. You did say they were the "earlier type".

From a PM with kempton, I determined that he has the later style of wheel, the ones with the three humps (yea, he should have specified that). So not to kill your deal, but I don't think your caps will fit his wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Skiwalk:

Those look like the type of hubcap that mounts to the wheels using three, riveted-on clips. You did say they were the "earlier type".

From a PM with kempton, I determined that he has the later style of wheel, the ones with the three humps (yea, he should have specified that). So not to kill your deal, but I don't think your caps will fit his wheels.
I had some of the later type, but sold them a while back. They are the same as for a Duetto.

The ones I have are for sale, if anyone needs them.

Thanks, Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts