Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Nice car. It even has the correct all plastic tail lights !!
Only it is not a GTV.......
I like the $55,000 bid.
May have to sell mine.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
There seem to be two, red, stepnose 105 Sprint's on ebay now.

The '66 is ebay no. 171657865135, while the '67 is 231467702199.

Of the two, I prefer the '67. The '66 has had every ounce of patina scraped off of it - overstuffed seats, no air filters, missing front bumper, GTA wannabe front end, etc etc. But if that's your thing, it is a very clean example. The underside clearly hasn't seen a lot of mud puddles!

The '67 is well done, but still looks like it could be used as a car. My only criticism of the '67 is that battery located smack dab in the middle of the trunk. Haven't these people ever heard of luggage?

101/105guy said:
Nice car. It even has the correct all plastic tail lights !!
Randy: You have me confused. Wouldn't a '66 have come with the "metal base - plastic lens" style of tail light? I wouldn't ding this car for having plastic/plastic instead of metal/plastic as the lenses for the latter are pretty much unobtainable. However, this car's European-style amber/white front lenses and amber/red rears are incorrect for a US delivery car.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
"Randy: You have me confused. Wouldn't a '66 have come with the "metal base - plastic lens" style of tail light? I wouldn't ding this car for having plastic/plastic instead of metal/plastic as the lenses for the latter are pretty much unobtainable. However, this car's European-style amber/white front lenses and amber/red rears are incorrect for a US delivery car."

I was recently scolded by Papajam about a member selling these lights as original stepnose taillights. So we have been wrong all these years !
It seems that these were installed by Alfa as early as 1963.....

Fortunatly, both cars have many clear pictures to show their condition. It is up to the bidder to know what he is bidding on.
Randy

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I was recently scolded by Papajam...
Oh dear. Please accept my apology then as that was certainly not my intent.
I meant only to convey that although the early stepnose GTs were factory fitted with metal base rear lights, Alfa obsoleted the metal type and replaced them with the plastic base type rear lights. So an order placed for replacement tail lights for an early GT after the change to the plastic type took place would result in the plastic type being delivered. So although plastic bases were not factory fitted on early GTs, they would still be correct according to Alfa published documentation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts