Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , this is Kempton from Toronto, with the 66 sprint gt, doing some work to the underside and pulled off 2 flat odd shaped flat metal gaurds, below eng area, I think they are there to protect mud stones debris from coming into the eng area...not sure but Im guessing that's the case. I need to get 2 replacements, but am not sure what they are called Anyone out there have an idea...looked through Centreline , no luck so far, Ill check out the other sources..thanks

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If they are shaped like triangles then they are the cross member to inner chassis rail supports. They're welded on though, I'm not sure of anything else that is flat in the engine bay area. There's nothing that is bolted on in the engine bay that is flat anyway.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Pancho, Ill talk to my body guy who took them off , try to get more exact info on where they were located. I nave one here with me , its more like 15 inches long 10 inches wide and paper thin. there is a rubber gasket around the outside. I know a former alfa franchise owner in Toronto, Ill go by tomorrow and see what he says, Thanks for the response

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OUTSTANDING!!!!!! you know these cars...yes that's exactly it. can you tell me where to buy left and right replacements, THANKS in advance

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that's makes perfect sense, re splash gaurds, I lived in Aussie and New Zealand back in the 80s ....how are your boys doing vs the All Blacks these days? ok thanks again Pancho

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant say but I did check out classic alfa for my 66 sprint they have them for this model the pics look like the one Pancho sent me, there should be a ph number re classic alfa call on Skype if required to clarify

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Yes that's makes perfect sense, re splash gaurds, I lived in Aussie and New Zealand back in the 80s ....how are your boys doing vs the All Blacks these days? ok thanks again Pancho
Not so good. They had a tight game in Oz a few weeks back then the week after in Auckland the AB's thrashed the poor old Wannabies.... :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts