Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about a year apart for paint and renewal, the Duetto is back together enough to take to the 'Cars & Coffee' get together in Irvine.
Still have to refresh the dash and insturments before the Monterey weekend, but she runs good and is a hoot to drive!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Looks great Randy! I look forward to checking it out at the Concorso.

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,156 Posts
Nice looking spider :D White is a great colour for the 66 :)

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Congratulations!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Beautiful car, I too like white spiders. My first one was a white 86.
Can you tell me about the exhaust pipe? My 69 has pipe that ends like yours appears to. I get some exhaust coming back into the ****pit and think its because the original pipes were longer.

Do you smell exhaust when you drive?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The exhaust is the original '66 Alfa piece!!! Still in great condition. I only sand blasted it and coated with Por-20 high temp paint.

Don't smell any fumes from it. I'll see if there is a pic showing how far it extends out back. Maybe that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I used polish on my instruments with lots of elbow grease and they polished out fine on the rims. The instruments were out of the car. Corrosion goes through the chrome plated brass but can be polished out.

Were you able to get a good red match?

Wes

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm still working on the dash / insterments, but will probably not have the time to install the newly painted metal facia before Monterey. Have to just polish what is there.
The seats and door panels came out well. I finally had to dye the new seat covers to match the door panels, as I could find no correct covers.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Correct colors

Red looks great on white duettos. Seems a lot of people have the same trouble getting the red for the duettos.

Wes

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Looks great. Nice colour combo with the white ext. and burgundy interior.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some other shots...

Here are some more pics from todays C&C.

Would like your opnions on the Campy wheels......too modern??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Wheels

They look so awful you need to sell them to me immediately.

I have a set of magnesium wheels that weigh a bit over 10 pounds, plus minus. Did you weigh your magnesium wheels before you put the tires on?

Your car is perfect.

Wes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts