Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,321 Posts
It's funny the price difference in the US between 1600 Supers and all other variants. For whatever reasons, the US market really likes the four headlights, Super engine, Super dash and seats, and values most other variants less highly. Only the 1600 TI and 1600 Super were sold here new by Alfa; many US buyers have probably never seen the many other models you got in Aus, Europe, etc., and just don't care for them as much. I personally think all the variations have their own appeal, and I'd buy the best one I could for the money, regardless of the particular model.
That said, I like early 1600 Super best too, and that's what I have (wait, I have two of them). But I wouldn't turn my nose up at something else if it fit the bill.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
25,321 Posts
I have pushed ads for excellent TIs, 1300s, etc in front of folks looking for a Super, and a number have held out, ignoring really good, affordable cars because they weren't 1600 Supers. There aren't enough in the US that I would be so choosy, but for whatever reason some folks are.
Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.