Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm in the long process of doing rust repair on my Spider. I got a repair panel for the trunk floor in the battery area and it appears the repair panel stampings and ribs are quite different from the original. Problem is the original area is too far gone to be sure.

So, I'd sure appreciate someone posting a picture or two of a well restored or original trunk floor. Thanks very much.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Try this. There are several variants of the trunk floor in Spiders. They are all very similar, the short wheel base cars have an extra rib or two.

This is one I am doing currently, Hammered into a plywood Hammer-form. My Hammer-form is based on the trunk of my rust free '62 Spider. Not a project for the meek.
Ciao,
Bill Gillham
Jefferson Oregon

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill and Alejandro, thanks very much for the info and pictures. Just what I needed. They confirm that my purchased repair panel is wrong. The question now is where to go from here . . . looks like I'll be making my own.

I've attached a couple pics of the area in question on my car.

Thanks again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,699 Posts
This is my 58 750D, so I believe there are detail differences in the ribbing and where the wires come up, etc. But the basics are the same. It had a false floor brazed long ago over the original floor, which was rusty on the left side. See pics after (1) removing false floor, (2) cutting out rust and damaged LR fender, (3) new metal welded in, and (4) after grinding, sanding, and some light bondo.

I did the cutting and removal, Conrad Stevenson did the fab of the new material, welded it in, and remade the left rear fender and valance as part of the same project, in part with a rear quarter from a Giulia Spider.

This is over the course of a year, no particular hurry, and I had to slot into Conrad's schedule for the fabrication and fender work.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I need to know where the rear main harness enters the trunk space in ordr to be conected with the independent harness that connects the stop lights and the license plate light. All pictures wiill be appreciated. Thansk
jose

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
More pictures. This is a very late '65 Spider Veloce I have owned from new. Unrestored.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
More from the same car. This one shows original wire loom locations.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks Gordon

I need to know is where to drill the hole for the harness that comes from under the car into the trunk....

Can you send me your phone number privately

Jose

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
Hi Jose,
I may have photos in my collection with measurements. Send me an e-mail with your above note attached and I'll get it off to you. My address is <[email protected]>.
Gordon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts