Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could be so kind to take a picture of the trunk latch for a Giulia spider, the part on the car not the trunk lid part. mine is missing and I need to know what it should look like. thanks

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I've got one all cleaned and packaged. However, I can't photo it until Thursday(today is Tuesday) so I'll check again on Thursday and, if you've had no other response, I'll see that it gets done.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I have a picture for you but I'm new to the ABB and I haven't learned how to apply attachments? When I select the 'Go Advanced' button I find an attachment button but nothing happens when I select it. I am authorized to post attachments per the posting rules.

·
Administrator
4,293 Posts
Ken

Be aware that the pin on the small plate is offset by a small amount & depending on the car some may need to be fitted upside down to allow the boot lid latch to actually *catch*.

Just to the side of the mounting point for this plate there is a welded tab on the side of the boot lid aperture which prevents the boot lid from being moved sideways and thus 'popping' the lock & the lid open.

Ciao
Greig

I'm with George & Uncle R on your avatar picture......

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Greig,

Thanks for this information. I've never been happy with the way my trunk closes. This may be the answer to my problem.

As to Ken's picture I say live and let live.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried to leave it alone however I wonder if all the lefties with their faux outrage were equally outraged when vanity fair used the same batman "joker" image with Bush in 2008 or the other places it appeared? I couldn't care less if you approve or are "creeped out" by the icon. I would have changed it long ago but some jackass on the Alfa forum named Bob threatened me over it, so I decided to keep it till Nov. 2012 when Obama can join the other complete disaster Carter in the museum of one term presidents. I saw that Barry's approval percentage has dropped to 39% so Alfa BB must be a tiny Island of true believers. Thank you to the person who just helped me with the question I had originally asked and resisted the temptation to uphold the honor of our teleprompter messiah.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Let stick to the romance and beauty of Alfa's - Sometimes sad and hateful people are just projecting themselves - just a thought from a believer on a tiny island.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I tried to leave it alone however I wonder if all the lefties with their faux outrage were equally outraged when vanity fair used the same batman "joker" image with Bush in 2008 or the other places it appeared? I couldn't care less if you approve or are "creeped out" by the icon. I would have changed it long ago but some jackass on the Alfa forum named Bob threatened me over it, so I decided to keep it till Nov. 2012 when Obama can join the other complete disaster Carter in the museum of one term presidents. I saw that Barry's approval percentage has dropped to 39% so Alfa BB must be a tiny Island of true believers. Thank you to the person who just helped me with the question I had originally asked and resisted the temptation to uphold the honor of our teleprompter messiah.
Wow, your picture wasn't worth those thousand words. No reference was made about politics. I was only referring to the photo as a creepy photo not a political statement. I tried to help you with a photo for reference, since deleted, as I have always tried to help others in this hobby. Let's keep this about Alfa's not your twisted political views. You need to curb your anger. Get some help!!! ;)

·
Administrator
4,293 Posts
Spider boot latch

Joker...Obama......I finally get it............light dawns on Marblehead. Your avatar makes perfect sense - politics out here is just as murky & even more useless.

Slow learner that I am, I actually understand your sense of humour, it's even more off beat than mine ;)

I trawled through my archives - virtually every picture of the boot catch on a spider is either obscured by the numberplate or by the boot rubber - this is the best I have on file - shout if you need a better pic from the boot of my car

Ciao
Greig

Some 750's
Some 101's
Some 105's
Some others

Attachments

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I think that this whole thing has gone too far. This isn't some AM talk radio show. Casual politics are OK but serious stuff needs its own forum.

·
Administrator
4,293 Posts
Boot lock plate view II

Hmmm.....I thought with the posting of the boot lock picture that we had got back on topic, apparently not - sorry gents, didn't mean to cloud the issue

Solidly back ON topic - Here's another view of the boot lock plate & side stop on a car Bill Gillham restored

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts