DSCN9077-640x480.JPG
DSCN9083-640x480.JPG
DSCN9087-640x480.JPG
DSCN9093-640x480.JPG
DSCN9144-640x480.JPG
DSCN9153-640x480.JPG
20180308_153131-640x480.jpg
20180308_153144-640x480.jpg

Restored in 2001. No rust and no repair done to car on the car that we can see. No body modifications except roll cage . The car was stripped down as there is no undercoating anywhere. Only epoxy paint on the underside, engine bay, trunk & interior. The car was then rebuilt in 2010 & 2013 with intentions of racing it. It raced only one time at the Alfa at the Glenn in 2010. Not raced since. The paint & body are in great condition, no cracks or dents. just a couple of small paint chips.
In April 2019, Bach Racecraft went through the car and prepped it to possibly race it at the SVRA Spring Fling at Road America. New brake shoes, hoses & wheel cylinders, new clutch, all fluids, rebuilt Webers, suspension adjustment & overall inspection.

Engine was rebuild in 2013 by Winners Race Prep, Chris Deminco with using Veloce engine parts. 1300 cc Veloce Block # AR 10602642, Veloce connecting rods, .010" pop-up high compression around 10:1 pistons, new bearings. head was decked 0.20 and case was line bored. New valves, Springs shimmed for 10.5 mm cams. DCOE 40mm Webers with 28mm venturis and a production 1300cc Weber manifold. Veloce headers. New oil pump. High capacity later model alloy oil pan.

Transmission is a split case 5 spd rebuilt in 2010 with new later model syncros.

Rear end is equipped with 4:56 gears, locked differential.

Suspension was completely rebuilt as well in 2010. New Koni adjustable shocks, all new bushings & ball joints serviced. The rear suspension has been modified to have a aluminum Panhard rod & aluminum adjustable trailing arms. Has stock springs.

The brakes have dual masters and Veloce three leading shoes up front and two shoes at the rear. As stated above, new shoes, wheel cylinders & brake hoses.

The fuel cell was installed in 2010.

The wheels are Panasport and a original set of Borrani wheels.

SCCA log book back to June 1988 through 2006.

Owners are: Titled in 97 by Jean Erickson in MN, sold to Ellington Equipment inc in 98. North Shore Sports car sold to Owen Brian Hearty in 2001. Kurt Bissel raced the car in 06. Sold in 2014 by Winners Race Prep, Chris Deminco to a Mr DeSantis. Then a Mr Coyle bought it in 2017.

That I know of it has only done one race back in 2010 at Watkins Glen. It was restored in NY by Chris D The last owner bought in 2014 was in Fort Lauderdale and never used it and just had it in his Alfa collection.

This car also comes with a lot of the original parts to put it back to stock if need be. Here is quick list of original parts with the sale.
(4) Borrani wheels , windshield & frame, gauges, front & rear bumpers, side trim, hood trim, maker lights, steering box and shaft, window regulators, one side window, folding top, sealed gas tank, rear trailing arms, and some other parts.

It does have a Wisconsin title in my name.

This Race Car is located in Madison, Wisconsin. Happy to send interested parties more photos and welcome inspections.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff.

Yes the Race Car is still for sale. Any other info or pics needed, just PM me.

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the back story info Jim. There is much to review. This appears to be a really well put together car with alot of experienced builders in its past. I have a '62 Giulia street car (rebuilt with Keith Goring) and a '78 S3 veloce driver and have been looking for the past couple years for a possible vintage racer. I am located in CT not far from Lime Rock and have been to the vintage races for years. Do you know if this car ever ran the LR vintage fesitval?
Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Jeff.

Yes the Race Car is still for sale. Any other info or pics needed, just PM me.

Thanks, Jim
Thanks for the back story info Jim. There is much to review. This appears to be a really well put together car with alot of experienced builders in its past. I have a '62 Giulia street car (rebuilt with Keith Goring) and a '78 S3 veloce driver and have been looking for the past couple years for a possible vintage racer. I am located in CT not far from Lime Rock and have been to the vintage races for years. Do you know if this car ever ran the LR vintage fesitval?
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi.
Jeff.
By the log books, the Alfa has raced the Lime Rock Vintage Festival in 05 & 06. It raced Watkins Glen in 04, 05 & twice in 06. It Also raced Summit Point in 06. The owner was Kurt Bissell at that time.
The earliest dates in the log books are from 88.

Thanks, Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts