Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a set of GTA repros in 6.5 x 14 ET17.

It appears these used to be available from alfa-service in Germany, made by Maxilite, but they're out of production now. This is a long shot but there's gotta be some sets floating around.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a set of these for my GTV and I like them.
Thanks for the suggestion... I'm hoping to find the 6.5" though, they have a more aggressive offset than the 6" wheels do.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
6.5x14 GTA replicas were made by Compomotive for Hein Brand. Recognizable by the markings HB. Don't know if he still has any available.

They are heavier the the Maxlite and they have steel lug inserts. They are TUV approved.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6.5x14 GTA replicas were made by Compomotive for Hein Brand
Ooh good info. Maxilite also made them in the past, so I assumed that was the only source. They told me they had one client in Germany who bought them, which I think was Alfa-Service. Neither of them offer that wheel anymore.

Of course Hein's wheels are twice as expensive... but beggars/choosers!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a brand new set if your interested. Jonathan

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here’s a set on a low arch GT Jr. About the widest wheel that works without rubbing in the back- View attachment 1649141
Thanks... this is the first photo I’ve seen of the 6.5s (that I know of). I just decided on them because the math works out. They do seem to have an aggressive offset which is what I’m after.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For what it’s worth, my tires do rub if there’s anyone but me in the car. The yellow car in Fred’s post above is now mine.
Good to know. I have to patch/repair both rear fenders on this car, I should be able to make a little room at the same time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have 7 x14’s on my ‘66, I rolled the inner rear arches and they fit without rubbing now. Should be easy with the 6 1/2’s
Unless I did the math wrong, the 6.5s sit at the same place the 7s do with respect to the fender. The 1/2" comes off the inside. So I'll probably have to roll the edges as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just as a data point, I measured the return flange width in the area that it touches the tire. The inner edge is ~0.30” from the outside surface. I don’t think it has been rolled or cut back, but I can’t be sure without something to compare to.

This is with 195/65 Vredestein Sportracs. I will pull the wheel and double check the offset.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts