Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 5 ( 61/2" x 14" 4x98 Campagnolo Turbinas). What beast have these come from? They will quite at home on my 78 GT. Would just like to know.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I know that the 6 1/2 inch Turbinas are for the Montreal, but I thought that thought they were 4 x 108,.. no?.

Best regards,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I thought ,because the Montreal is a Giulia based car it had the 4x108 bolt pattern. What other car shared the 4x98 pattern with the Alfettas? Perhaps the Jr Z.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
That is what I thought ,because the Montreal is a Giulia based car it had the 4x108 bolt pattern. What other car shared the 4x98 pattern with the Alfettas? Perhaps the Jr Z.
The only Alfa's I'm aware of that have 4 x 98 bolt patterns are:

Alfettas (GT/Sedan - 4 cyl)
Giuliettas (Transaxle sedan version)

Non Alfas:

Early Maserati BiTurbos
Lancia Betas
Fiat - various '70's era cars

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Post some pics!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6 1/2 x 14 CAMPY TUBINA (picture this)

These came off a 78 gt that I bought from the original owner as a doner. It had become a bucket of rust. It was sold new in Pennsylvania traveled to Saudi Arabia and then finally to the Portland area where it grew a fine layer ,but not without it's clumps of bright green moss on it's brown exterior. As you can see they have been stripped and powdercoated silver w/clear and new centers. The car had a set of 5. These are gonna look great on my black 78 gt w/bronze glass and caramel interior. SOMEDAY! Attachment manager will not allow jpg s to be attached at this time. I'll try again later.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ahh....I think those are period aftermarket Campy wheels--not factory Alfa. Very rare--and the nicest looking Turbina style wheel I've ever seen, with super rare center caps.

Those didn't come on any factory Alfa... nice find my man...nice find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts