Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any luck/experience using a hub adapter that allows use of various size bolt patterns on the Alfas 5x98 hub? I see some listed from several sources on eBay - looks like most are 3/4''-1'' wide. any other options? Thoughts.

Thanks,

James

·
Premium Member
27,091 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went to 4/100 on my Alfetta GT to get better looking wheels. Not much available for 4 by 98.. Worked out GREAT....You should be OK.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's - going from 5x98 to 5x110 will not allow for the offset lug bolts as the spacing is to much. So I think I may have to go with the adapters- will add 3/4'' to offset bringing the wheel out farther. Not sure of the look- will have to check to make sure wheels/tires fit in wheel wells without rubbing.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
981 Posts
My son has used the adapters on his RX7 (4 to 5 bolt) but they will push out the wheel accordingly. Just make sure they are properly mounted so your wheel does not roll of into traffic.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
379 Posts
can't you get the same wheels in 5x100?
I use 5x100 on my gtv6 with variation lug nuts. No complaints.
Cheap and effective.

·
Premium Member
9,800 Posts
I don't like using spacers as they change the handling of the vehicle so using PCD bolts are a better option.

·
Registered
6 Posts
spacers are matched to the disk so that there is no load on the bearing, the steering has changed, the car goes on rails

1 - 11 of 11 Posts