Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a wiper motor for a '59 2000 Spider. Any thoughts on where to look? Does anyone have a spare for sale? Is this motor common to other models? Thanks, Rich - Laguna Beach, CA

·
Registered
812 Posts
Is your motor missing or just not working?

The wiper motor is very similar to that used on many British sportscars of the time. I know that the motor on a Triumph TR3 is pretty close. Try one of the big British suppliers like Moss Motors or Victoria British (or a British car boneyard) and see if you can find something that matches if you have the correct one for comparison.

Arno Leskinen
AROC-USA National Concours Chair
1961 2000 Spider

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Jay -
Thanks for the reply. I can't actually say what's wrong with it as it is not my car. It belongs to a friend who lives in Tokyo, and keeps his car at his Summer house in southern France. He asked for my assistance as I have a good record tracking down obscure vintage car parts for my own fleet of oddballs. His mechanic in France says these are made from unobtainium, but I knew somebody out there had to have usable replacements. If you had one for sale, or had a good source for doing rebuilds, I would be ever so grateful . . . .
Thanks, Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts