Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
3,813 Posts
Presume its a Normale, on which case you need the 2 piece cast headers with the 4 bolt split flange. The later version became a 6 bolt two flange fitting

Same parts for Sprint and Spider

Ciao
Greig

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I have a pair with part numbers 1315 70019/20. Both have been cleaned up on the outside and finished in POR15 high temperature gray paint. Pictures available if these are the parts you need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ex headers

in fl. now, leaving for ohio 4/22. i need a phone # my engine is a 750 with the 101 head. part # I will have to look into ken.(toprope)

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I won't trouble you with details while you are on your trip. I have another set of headers that came off an identical set-up as yours, 750 block with a 101 head. Would like to exchange engine pictures when you get back.

·
Administrator
3,813 Posts
Ken can you post the chassis number of your car, preferably a pic of the data plate & the firewall as well, also the engine number.

Your last post refers to the car as a short body Veloce, in that case you would need the tubular headers that were used on the Veloce's and not the 2 piece cast iron manifolds.

Your car is a '59, lots of stuff happened during '59/'60, including a change to the 101 engine type, but still retaining the 1315 designation for a 750 engine - easily identified as these motors have the side mounted fuel pump below the distributor.

Ciao
Greig

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Ken can you post the chassis number of your car, preferably a pic of the data plate & the firewall as well, also the engine number.

Your last post refers to the car as a short body Veloce, in that case you would need the tubular headers that were used on the Veloce's and not the 2 piece cast iron manifolds.

Your car is a '59, lots of stuff happened during '59/'60, including a change to the 101 engine type, but still retaining the 1315 designation for a 750 engine - easily identified as these motors have the side mounted fuel pump below the distributor.

Ciao
Greig
Yes, now that we know that it is a Veloce the game has changed. The original presumption was that it was a Normale, hence my posting about the manifold pieces. I suspect that there are few, if any, serviceable used Veloce exhaust manifolds as the pipe was not as thick as the cast manifold. I'm still interested in the combo 750/101 engine as I have one, a Normale, in that configuration.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
59 veloce

I drove this car in the 60's been sitting in a garage since then. have the original tube header but it is about half there.ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts