Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone show me a diagram of the front headlight assembly on my Sprint? Trying to put it right, and I want to make sure I have all the pieces lined up properly. Thanks, Its a pleasure being back!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stuart,
I havent got one yet...I don't suppose anyone would help me with the headlight and in securing a copy of the book? Thanks for reminding me that I need that book.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Really can't do anything without it! Readily available.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I would have books three and four if I were you!

·
Administrator
4,044 Posts
Dan

Stuart is right, books 3 & 4, they are not an expense, they are an investment.

You will however need to recognise that your SV Confortevole was a stop-gap model bridging the demise of the Lightweight Sprint Veloce production with the simplifying of the Sprint Model Line-Up, by blending the trim of a Sprint Normale, with the powertrain and mechanicals of a Sprint Veloce.

Basically the parts catalogue doesn't cover everything to do with your SVC, despite 149 being built, even less with mine being one of 50 with the framed wind-up windows.

Additionally remember that from the beginning of '58, all Sprints were fitted with 7" lights to meet the USA requirement for sealed beam headlights. FWIW, the latest Sprint chassis number with 6" lights I've found is 1493*5919, while the earliest with 7" lights is SVC 1493E*06046. the change happened sometime within these 127 chassis numbers

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Maybe when I don't have to buy so many diapers (2.5 year old twins)!!! Perhaps I will just wait 15 or 16 years till all my kids are outta the house...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts