Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project Sprint for sale, going on BaT soon, figured I would give AlfaBB-ers first refusal.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you have a Google drive folders of photos, Id like to see them to better evaluate completeness and level of effort required. Do you have a ballpark number in mind before taking it to BaT? A lot of rough projects (exceptions made for super rare models) are no reserve so that becomes a factor.

SN please

pls send link to me if you have one to [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
(it is coming back to California)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So history of the car, rolled off the line as one of the first 250-ish series 2 cars. Lots of original late 750 stuff on it, open rockers, hardware, etc. It was parked in 1974 with a brake problem, brake master cylinder I was told. It sat, and sat, and sat. Purchased sight unseen and dragged out of a Los Angeles back yard to New Hampshire in 2018. It was cleaned, parts checked, and spare parts added. While we all want to work on all the cars all the time I realize there is only so much time in the day and choices need to be made. I am keeping another Sprint and decided to sell this one. Listed on BaT, bid, and won in Spring 2020 to David Innes from England. SS and Spider owner, figured an established member of the Alfa community. Unfortunately his behavior and refusal to pay for two months was shocking. Bring a trailer suspended his username and the car was left unsold. I got mad, stripped all the paint off, and then realized I was working on a car and buying parts for a car I said I would not restore! So again, went to list it on BaT again, they were gentlemen about the process and said they would relist it no charge. Can't say enough good things about the BaT selling team. After all this still recommend.

After posting yesterday I am thrilled to announce it is actually ending up in the hands of a fantastic future caretaker from the Alfa community after all. @tdskip has purchased 7001 and has been an absolute delight to deal with. Seriously, he is the type of Alfa owner that has the passion and automotive enthusiasm we are so proud of fostering here at the AlfaBB. I cannot tell you how torn I was selling the car before and now feel a sense of excitement to watch it grow and return to the road. Plus, you guys have way better driving roads in California, New Hampshire is the perfect home for a rally cross Alfa with our weather and road conditions!!!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Oh great, now people have expectations of me. Grin.

@81gtv6 has been super to work with.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Congrats to both of you! Nice to see a happy ending to this chapter of the car’s journey, as well as a happy beginning to the next.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Thanks @southernstar , one of those times where it all just works out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts