Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's a veloce from the looks of it.

I also noticed that there was heavy and early bidding. That's unusual. It's also unusual to have bidding in such even dollar amounts.

Hmmm. Could there be shill bidding right up to the reserve price of $60k?

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
This car is the real deal. I did the PPI for this owner when he bought it as a very clean well documented runner. I hope it makes $100,000 as it probably deserves that from what I see.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
I think the seller did a good job of inadvertantly keeping the price down by using comments like " not a steal" and NADA's rating and value system. In a live RM or Goodings Auction this car would have been easily $85-$100,000. The only thing I saw that was lacking was some detail work to the engine bay. I don't think he realized that comments like that held down the price. Not listing it as a Veloce in the title listing might have left some bidders out, too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
'58 giulietta normale

Hi all:

Last night on Mecum (no doubt a delayed show) a white '58 normale in very good but not excellent condition went for $ 45K.

Dick

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
That was Goodings in Scottsdale and the bidding was pathetically anemic. It almost didn't get past the first bid at $30,000. It was a nice car that the Auction house estimated 65-85.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts