Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am restoring a 1957 Sprint. My restoration shop doing bodywork has asked if there are any diagrams, photos, especially photos during restoration, available showing detail of the rockers, sills behind the rockers, wheel wells, areas directly in front and behind the doors, and jacking points.

George
[email protected]
614-268-0192
fax 614-855-8877

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
My '57 Sprint is at the body shop/painter right now. I will try and get some good pictures of those parts the next time I go see the car. It may be later next week. Here are a few pictures I took last time I visited.

Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
There aren't really rocker panel structures per se. The skin is bridged to the box section of the floor with narrow strips to add some rigidity and stabilize them. I have #5021 that I hope will be at Lexington.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Right, I think the Sprint rockers are simple panels made up of skin and an internal stiffening structure. At least compared to the 8 piece Spider setup, it is extremely simple. Nevertheless, I did purchase the internal and external Sprint rocker parts from Biondi and do have pictures of them. The Sprint rocker repair is starting soon. Right now they are doing Spider rocker repair first. I just posted a bunch of Spider rocker repair pictures on my Spider thread, including a couple of pictures of the Biondi Spider rocker parts going on the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, doing both a spider and sprint at the same time is really brave. I would appreciate any pics of the sprint as you progress. Best of luck.

George

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts