Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. do koni's ( front) have a soft rubber/foam bump cusion on them under the top part.:confused:.on my late tr spitfire( what a name for a slow car :rolleyes::eek:;):D) those koni's had a rubber bump stop under the top part..

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The rubber bush is to keep the adjusting mechanism from engaging. To adjust the Koni's you have to remove this ring - I never replace it as the installed position will not compress enough to engage the valve adjuster.

Robert

·
Premium Member
21,356 Posts
The directions I've gotten with my Koni's, the graphics indicate to remove it, and I hadn't thought to reinstall it. I always thought it was for shipping only. You definitely cannot adjust them with the buffer in place.
Andrew

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.. from what i understand.it also serves as a bump stop...???...this way it will not bottom out on the shock innerds:)...

·
Premium Member
21,356 Posts
Normally you want the suspension bump stops and limit straps to be doing that work, but if you use these, you have to take them out to adjust the shock. I suppose that might have been intended; not sure.
Andrew

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
They're only a half inch thick. If your suspension gets to these as stops, something is about to break bad! Installed, the shocks are extended three or four times that with the suspension against its stops, so you should never come close.

Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts