Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I just found this 1965 Sprint GT on Ebay - listed for $50,000!!!

It's good news for us all if it achieves this price, but personally I have my doubts - so I thought I'd throw it out there for some debate and opinions from those in the know on what these cars are worth?

I don't doubt that there is a possibility that the right early 105 could be worth some good money, but I would have thought AUD25K would be the ceiling. But 50K? Really??

The car is currenlty in VIC, but the listing states the car has won awards in QLD. Are any of the QLD BB members familiar with the car?
I vaguely recall the plates from photo's in the club magazine.

Cheers,
-Col-

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I think the seller is being very optimistic! They SHOULD be worth that much, particularly compared to other classics that are fetching much higher prices, but in reality 105s just aren't getting those sorts of prices. Particularly not in Australia, where I think classic Alfa prices are about the lowest anywhere.

I agree with you that $25k is about the ceiling, perhaps $30k for an exceptional car. But good luck to the seller for testing the market, although I think he's going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Optimistic is an understatement I feel.
For me to even consider $25K it would need to come with a boot full of gold bars and Beyonce's phone number. $50K is just off the scale.

I've no problem with someone else paying $50K for it though. It could send up the average value for the rest of us. But I don't think it'll happen.

Threealfa's summed it up for me in a personal message on this and other subjects.
Threealfas; said:
...in the words of Darryl Kerrigan from The Castle - tell 'em they're dreamin'!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts