Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Alfabb just came across it's 500 member a few moments ago and i am really excited!!! Congrats to Waltindixie on becoming the 500th member. With members from all over the World this website is getting known fast.:cool:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Congratulations Simon, Sniady and Italcarguy! This site's membership is expanding like crazy! I have been doing my best to 'recruit' new members.

Maybe we can all pitch in a little to help AlfaBB.com move to a more reliable ISP service. No more lost posts! No more downtime! :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
700 members

Congratulations to JonG on becoming our 700th member! This website is growing very rapidly with about 2 members a day, it should hit 1000 members in a few months.:)

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
it's so awesome to see the bb grow. i remember the first night it was launched like it was last night. now 700 members, 13,533 posts later a new alfa romeo community has been born. think about it, you all now know an alfisti in just about every part of the world. this is too awesome. glad to see it where it is today and can't wait to see what the future has in store. thank you all of you who have spread the word and lastly, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
This is, by far, the best Alfa BB. There's lots of expertise on Alfa Digest, but the format is so clunky, it's frustrating. Since ALFABB has so many members now, I would think you guys would be able to recoup some costs of the site with some parts suppliers sponsorships.

Finally, I think the board is successful because it's serious about helping other Afisti, has a minimum of foolish, non-serious posters, and a maximum of just plain nice people.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I agree with RT on recouping money from the parts suppliers. I actually mentioned Alfabb to APE the other day on the phone and suggested that they get in on the action.....and that it was how I got APE's phone number since their website was down. A little advertising on here would go a long way for them.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow! I am member No. 700! I would've been in the 500's if I had joined the group when I first started eavesdropping.
Due to the incredible wealth of information on the AlfaBB I was able to make an educated decision on the purchase of my first Alfa: a beautiful 1974 Spider Veloce (white/rust colored) and it sounds... awesome!
After ten years of drooling over other people's rides, I finally have one of my own. YES!
Thank you for all of the vicarious advice.
I will try to add my 2 cents whenever I can.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
"White/Rust-colored" . . . . . . . cringe. Please don't characterize an Alfa as "rust-colored." "Reddish Brown" sounds so much better. We've got alot of "rust-colored" Alfas out there, and we're not talking about the paint color. ;)

Being partial to 74s myself, let's see a picture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My apologies. I should've stated that my '74 has a white/topographic relief map paint job.
Actually, it isn't all that bad. The orig. color was a deep burgandy color judging from the color of the firewall and trunk. I am thinking returning the Spider to it's original color.
I will post some photos when I get a chance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I was trying to time it so that I could sign up again as user 666, alas I missed it!

Every time I see a name that I recognize from the A-D signed up here I think "Yes!"

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Every time I see a name that I invited here I think "Yes!" :D

I get a lot of questions on my auctions. "Where can I get a 1750?" "Do you have Spider center console panels?" I politely tell them no, but check with the friendly folks at AlfaBB.com.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations Cali67Duetto on becoming our 900TH member!! I would also like to say congratulations to the moderators and the administrator for making such a wonderful and informative site. When we hit 1000 members that will be the real party. With members from all over the globe alfabb is becoming a site that a Alfista should not live without.:)
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another new member

Hi all!!

Just found the board, looks like an interesting place. I guess most of you are in the US? I'm usually to be found on a more Euro-centric forum :D
I often wonder what Alfa(s) I'd have if I was restricted to US imported versions... last one was the 164, right?

Anyway, here's a pic of my Alfa, a 1997 145.

-Nick

:

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Welcome to The Board, Nick145!!

You are correct. The US hasn't seen any new Alfas since the '95 ('94?) 164s and Spiders.

Nice 145!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Welcome Nick! I think you will like it here - its a lot more relaxed than that other forum......;)

Nice 145 by the way.

Smestas: is there any stats on user activity? Lotsa users is nice - but how many are active?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congratulations to MilleMiglia on being our 1000th member. I remember when i started this post 500 members ago on how exciting it was to reach 500 but 1000 is more of a accomplishment. I would just like to say thanks to the Administrator and the moderators that made this site what it is today. The only thing needed to put the iceing on the cake is if we had ALFABB tee shirts so we can promote the site and get even more members.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts