Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pleased to finally announce this event to be held during and in conjunction with CSRGs Charity Challenge event at fabulous Sonoma Raceway Oct. 2-4. A great event on it's own made even more special with a GTA only feature race. I have already been in contact with many of you GTA owners directly and I must say the support has been fantastic including some cars and owners it will be great to see out again. We will have our own pit set-up area including garages if desired, special guests and other things to make this a truly memorable event. It would help me greatly if you could send me an email to show your intent to participate and so I can form a list for more information and updates. Thanks, Fred, [email protected].

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Please send in your entry-

CSRG in return for securing a grid has asked for entries to be submitted early. You can do so at csrgracing.org Plans are coming along, on the weekend I visited with the very gifted Tony Schmid of AJS design who is finishing up the artwork for the poster and t-shirts. I have additionally been working on having some nice food and wine and other surprises befitting such a memorable occasion. My email is contained in the previous post, please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, thanks, Fred.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sig. Fred,

We look forward to bringing our old A U T O D E L T A, SpA cars out from Udine, Milan, Arese and California with a old soilder or two to be with you and all the other lovers of my GTA and A U T O D E L T A in Sonoma reliving our glory years of the 60's and 70's.

Will there be pasta on hand for me to eat between sessions?

Ciao,

Ing. CC

CSRG in return for securing a grid has asked for entries to be submitted early. You can do so at csrgracing.org Plans are coming along, on the weekend I visited with the very gifted Tony Schmid of AJS design who is finishing up the artwork for the poster and t-shirts. I have additionally been working on having some nice food and wine and other surprises befitting such a memorable occasion. My email is contained in the previous post, please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, thanks, Fred.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will be food-

Perhaps not between every session but..... Griot's Garage has generously donated a complete detail kit to be given to each entrant. Stay tuned for futher updates, Fred.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sonoma meeting in october

Dear Fred,
Alleggerita and me, have been in the 50 years of GTA meeting in Milan
and we got after the meeting from the RIAR president the banners from "50 years of GTA in Milan for your anniversary party in Sonoma.
Alleggerita has the banners already packed and they will travel with him to Canada.
All the best and let me know more details for october.
best regards

Thomas

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sponsor announcement-

Centerline Alfa has just generously agreed to help sponsor the event which is great news indeed. Look for Tony Schmid of AJS Designs selling the special GTA 50th t-shirts during the Alfa Clubs national convention. More news and updates coming, just another reminder to send in your entries to CSRG please, thanks, Fred.

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Invitation to all GTA owners-

You don't have to race to have your car be seen and appreciated by others, I am inviting all owners to bring their cars to the track for the weekend or in particular Sunday. We will have a special place for you to park (I'm trying to pit/display the cars all in one area) There will be a professional photographer on hand to take pictures of what I hope will be the largest gathering of GTAs to date, anywhere. One well known Alfa enthusiast from LA has already agreed to drive up and take part. Stay tuned for further updates, Fred.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Fred,

Is it possible that T Shirts will be availsble to the pesants who are not proud owners of GTA's. I for one would love to own a T Shirt...closet I'll get to the real thing.

Best Regards

Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
We take great pleasure in sharing the Giulia Sprint GTA 50th Anniversary invitation with all of you!

CSRG Charity Challenge, Sonoma Raceway October 2-4, 2015. Please sign up at www.csrgracing.org

The organizers hope to have more real GTA's together then at any other time in history! We want the paddock to look like my Alfa Romeo/Autodelta's Balocco test track in 1967!

Thank you Fred Schueddekopp for working so hard to make this event possible for all of the Alfa Romeo fans worldwide!!!

Time for me to go eat some pasta and dream about my Autodelta GTA's racing around Sonoma like it is Monza! I will be at the event standing with my works cars. Just look for the tall, balding, heavy set Italian with food in my hand and a stopwatch in the other. Forza Alfa Romeo GTA!!

-Ing. Carlo Chiti

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Event update-

This poster (a copy of which will be given to each car owner who attends) will be available for purchase as will be t-shirts with the same fantastic Tony Schmid original artwork. The turn-out will be great due in part to people like Paolo Epifani, Mark Leonard and Ivan Zaremba and others helping me locate and contact owners of cars that I was not even aware of or wondered where had they gone? You can do your part too and contact me with anyone you may know of that has a car that can be driven, trailered or dragged (perish the thought) to the event. Stay tuned, Fred.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Getting Involved

Hi Fred,

I contacted you one month ago about getting involved and received no response. I have contacted CSRG and they told me to contact you.....so.....?

What can I do to be part of your event?

MF

1 - 20 of 78 Posts