Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase some 5point harnesses(3inch) for my GTV. Does anyone know some companies who produce good harnesses and the price?

Oh yeah, what about gloves, I've seen some pretty nice gloves on the sparco site (www.sparcousa.com) for a decent price. Any recommendations?

Post up some links, picture and prices if you can.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Expect to pay about >$150 for 3" 5 point harness using the camlock mechanism. About $100 for the latch and link setup. I recommend the camlock.

Sparco, TRW/Sabelt, M&R, Crow, RCI, Simpsons among others.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
http://www.racerwholesale.com/

They've been relatively cheap on a few things but could also charge you list for others. Shop around. You'll be surprised at what you can get at a "rice boy" speed shop (yes, they sell harnesses for the ricers' street use!)

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ricer shops

Thats a good idea!!!

I live in the san fernando valley, were filled with civics and plenty of race shops. I'm gonna have to look into that one.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found a good deal

I think i found a good deal on a camlock sparco harness. Guy said he can do them for a hundred bucks. Pretty good I think.

So my question is, whats the size/length you need for a 73 GTV? I think they come in different lenghts. Anyone know the size? Fill me in with some info, Thanks!

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Hi,

There are usually 2 lengths. For the lap harness, any length is ok, unless you are kind of..ahem... then get the longest. But for the shoulder harness, if you have a rollbar you can tie to behind your seat, all you need is the 55" ones. But if you are going to mount it at some point on the rear deck, get the 75" ones.

BTW, I am interested about the harness. Where can you get the pullup ones 75" ones for $100?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 75evo!

As for youre question. I have a mutual friend that owns a rice shop and I asked him how much for some sparco 5 point he said I'll give them to you for a 100 bucks.
Hopefulyl he was talking camlock. I'll see when i get a hundred bucks and ready to order them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Belts

When you buy belts, don't buy used ones what ever you do. Buy new ones, and make sure that the manufacture date is current (they might sell last years set on discount). AROSC and most other clubs require you to have your belts rewebbed every 5 years or so. Diest is very reasonable about re-webbing old harnesses (so you don't have to buy new hardware). Check out their website. They are in LA. Beware - Simson won't reweb!!
As for cam lock or mechanical buckles, i prefer the old mechanical style....I think they are easier to use, and they are cheaper. Your choice, though. Also, get the wider shoulder straps (3 "). You can't use 2' if you want to go racing with a lot of clubs.

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G-Force 5 point camlock harness

I found a great deal on some G-force harnesses, can anyone provide me with some feedback on these?

Good or bad? They do the job?

p.s. I found them on the web for 109.99!!! (not last years)

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordered my camlocks

I ordered driver and passenger 5 point camlock harnesses today, mainly for street use and for occasional time trials. Camlocks are a bit more pricier then latch & link. The reason I went with the camlock sysem, is because there passenger friendly, and easier for everyday use. I'm tired of buckling visitors in my GTV and can imagine it would be worse with latch and link, but with camlocks I can just say, take each end and put it into the fastener (hopefully).

There called G-Force (yes, they do give you car more G's!!!) I payed 109.99, which is a super good deal. I purchased them from http://www.daymotorsports.com/product/458/c/47/. Hopefully the camlock works smooth, like the ones I've fiddled with. When I get them, I'll provide some feedback.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Sniady Belts

Say Sniady, where are you going to mount these 5-points? I recently discovered that my Euro GTV has different mounting points for the lap belts, than my US GTV. Sadly, my Euro GTV only has shoulder belts. Never had lap belts.

Couldn't that center crotch belt make buckling in your passenger, fun again?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where am I going to mount them? Good question. Well the crocth one in the front floor board, 2nd & 3rd will be in the ex lap belts spot (i think) and shoulders to the firewall somewhere, with a washer to make it legit.

I'm going to write a little tech article with some pictures. "One way to install 5 point harnesses in a Alfa."

67GTV, so you just have a shoulder belt? Do you think someone ripped out the lap belts? I think the lap belt is safer then just a shoulder belt.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
One Point Belts

Sniady said:
Where am I going to mount them? Good question. Well the crocth one in the front floor board, 2nd & 3rd will be in the ex lap belts spot (i think) and shoulders to the firewall somewhere, with a washer to make it legit.

I'm going to write a little tech article with some pictures. "One way to install 5 point harnesses in a Alfa."

67GTV, so you just have a shoulder belt? Do you think someone ripped out the lap belts? I think the lap belt is safer then just a shoulder belt.
Sniady,

I look forward to your article! I'm hoping to join the fun at Willow Springs next year.

My white GTV has mounting points for lap belts, but was originally only equipped with shoulder belts. Weird, huh? I am sure that a lap belt would be more safer than just a shoulder belt. But I use the shoulder belt for fear of getting a ticket. I'd hate to resort to putting some generic belts in her. I'll try to take some photos tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Next Year, Are you crazy? Sign up for the school in October.

I'm definitly, going to make a little article. We'll just have to wait and see how long it takes Simon to post it up.

I don't even put on my belts in my GTV, just the shoulder one over my shoulder. But latly I've been straped in, I think my driving is getting scary.

p.s. simon almost wet my seat, when I took him around my racetrack.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Crazed

Sniady said:
Next Year, Are you crazy? Sign up for the school in October.

I'm definitly, going to make a little article. We'll just have to wait and see how long it takes Simon to post it up.

I don't even put on my belts in my GTV, just the shoulder one over my shoulder. But latly I've been straped in, I think my driving is getting scary.

p.s. simon almost wet my seat, when I took him around my racetrack.
Crazy? No. Married and on a budget. I'll need to fill a shopping list of items before I can tear around a track. Tires, harnesses, helmet, etc.

Here's a montage of my GTV seat belts . .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love those bucket seats.

But the ultimate GTV seats I think, are the 1750 euro seats. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair (which will never happen).

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Bucket Love

Sniady said:
I love those bucket seats.

But the ultimate GTV seats I think, are the 1750 euro seats. I can't wait to get my hands on a pair (which will never happen).
I like those 1750 seats you mentioned. They remind me of vintage Recarro-type Prelude seats.

The '67 GTV seats had the largest side bolsters to hug you in the turns. Pre '67 seats look similar but much flatter and softer. I dig my GTV!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts