Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am chasing the "original" cromodoras for my spider(81) for 3 years now, with little to no sucsess (the ones which used to be on my car were sold before i became her owner, found them on ebay a year later, a week too late, cant be tracked down since than....)

nor can i find any other afordable cromodoras with 4x108

...so this week i found a decent 5pack of 4x98 campanaturas 45 from alfetta for resonable price.

is the only way to put them on my car with the use of PCD Adapters?
do they even go from 4x108 to 4x98?
anyone done that?

thanks for replies.
M

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Probably possible.

The 45mm offset gives you the 20mm or so that you need to make a hub adapter that will bolt onto shortened 4 x 108 pcd wheelstuds with countersunk bolts and provide a base for 4 x98 pcd studs to engage the wheels. Careful with fitment at the rear of the spider as they can't handle small offset wheels due to the lack of rear guard lip clearance.

You will need to find a machine shop that knows what it is doing. May not be legal for road use there (isn't here).

Probably easier to just find 4 x 108 wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, did some g research; quite a few questions, almost no answers....

as i understand, the problem with your solution is hard reversibility, as i would have to shorten the wheelstuds.
and the price of adaptors could be similar to the price of alloys.

...and onwards with waiting for a strike of luck to hit me with some cheap turbinas...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts