Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a few questions on 4x108 wheels:

1. Is there a list of the various wheel sizes that were available back in the 60's and 70's for the GTV's and Spiders?
  • Melber
  • Millie Miglia
  • BWA
  • MOMO
  • Chromodora
2. Why do some of the wheels have markings and some of the same wheels (appear to be) have no markings at all?
3. The proper way to measure wheel width?

I have what seem to be a wide set of Melber wheels/no markings and just curious. (not interested in selling)

Thank you,

James

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Did you try searching this BB. There is a thread you may find helpfull re weight and measures. An other thread about best looking after market wheel for Alfa. Unfortunately the majority of responders to that thread do not agree with me (that Millia Miglia are best) so I only reluctantly send you looking for that one.

Measure wheel width inside flange to inside.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks I’ll search through for previous threads. I have some old Chromodora Magnesium wheels (11lbs) ea that came on my 71GTV that I really like.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
With a little more time I found this

and

Ciao

Ken

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
There are a LOT of manufacturers that make rims with the 108mm/4.25" bolt pattern. Look for rims for Ford (pinto/early Mustangs etc)
Choose width and offsets that fit.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I think Melbers came in 7" or 7 1/2" sizes. Do you have tires on the wheels? Sometimes the markings are on the inside.

To measure the width, the tire will need to be off. The width is measured on the inside of the lips. This is a factory steel wheel pictured which is 14" x 5 1/2". From the outside edge to outside edge is 6.75" but between the lips it's 5 1/2".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you will need to remove the tires to get a good measurement

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I am pretty sure you can get an accurate measurement without removing the tires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I think mine are wide like the picture, rough measurement of about 8.5 8.75 out rim to out side rim. Do these even fit on the GTV’s?

thanks

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes I think mine are wide like the picture, rough measurement of about 8.5 8.75 out rim to out side rim. Do these even fit on the GTV’s?

thanks
Shankle used to say that the widest you could run on a GTV or Spider without interference was 7". Montreals might be different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts