Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the "exploded" drawing of the 4R Zagato in the Quattruotte magazine that debuted the 4R Zagato. It shows the exhaust system front section with the collector and expansion box and the muffler just in front of the rear axle. Just like all the rest of the 1300/1600 Alfa's I have owned. What I can't see is if this car has a third box or rear resonator between the rear axle and the rear bumper. Anyone know for sure? I can't tell from this drawing or the original press photos.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dale, I think your best bet is to go with the 101 Spider system (this is the floor pan the 4R used - the engine is Giulia TI). Alfa Stop in UK are experts on these and have exhausts from time to time.

Mine has a bullet type muffler immediately after the twin pipes merge to one then a larger, typical 105 type muffler ahead of the rear axle then straight pipe back Nice sound!

Took the car to "Alfesta", the AROC (Australia) Nationals at Mt.Gambier Sth Australia over Easter. 1500km round trip. Car went really well.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts