Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea where I might locate glass for the front fender mounted turn lights on a 4R Zagato? The number is Hella IGM 46051A. A search of the internet for that part number brings up nothing. I think Hella is still in business. Do they make any reproductions of old lenses? Also it had to be used on other mid 1960's cars as well. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dale Whitney

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hella lense

Hi
That is a strange one. It's probably from some obscure German car, but that's what we all thought about the Hella license plate light on 750 Spiders.
My current thought would be to have Yolanda @ Aftermarket Reproductions recast them in plastic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I remember right the turn lights are from a auto bianic truck as are the head light cans. These were built in the 60's kind of like the kenworth trucks here. Hella a light company in Europe.
Ray

·
Registered
9,234 Posts
If I remember right the turn lights are from a auto bianic truck as are the head light cans.
This name does not produce any results in Google search. Can you please be more specific and provide some more information about make and model? How do you know Quattroruote Zagatos?

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Maybe this type of Bianchi truck?

@Dale
check out a german ebayer, called "Lampendoktor" in Dresden, Germany.....he often has wonderful odd lenses...I cannot at the moment see anything that matches your 4R blinkers, but an email to him might bring up something if you give him the sizes and some decent photos (Visible diam. of glass, total diam. of glass etc and profile photo)
here is his store:
Scheinwerfer, Reflektor Artikel im lampendoktor Shop bei eBay!

Even if you find only white lenses that fit, I would pounce on those and add a yellow bulb! (One often sees the 4R with white blinker lenses...well "often" is the wrong word in this case!)

I kick myself for not buying a 4R Gran Sport back in the 80s in the UK, was perfect condition and not expensive...4k maybe, OK was not cheap to me, but I knew it was a bargain, even then!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
How's your Italian? I know a guy with a vast amount of rare stock (new lights, lenses, surrounds and other electrical bits), but he can only be contacted on the phone. No email. Service likely to be slow enough to be measured in months. PM me if you want further details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I brought back a 4r to the USA in 1970 Yellow and black with luggage rack on the back over the gas fill cap. Bought in Bergamo in 1968 it was 3.2 Million Lira. was Illegal back then no seal beams and no safety plate glass. Sold that in 1987 sick Kid needed Meds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts