Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
From the Windsor Star, where automotive news is important news.

Cheers,
Tom
An 18-month waiting period for the coupe, and they go throw this into the mix.
Jeeez, Alfa.
It's a fantastic car, with or without the roof.
But get your house in order!
There's only one line for these to come off of. And only one supplier for the CF tub. So Alfa may say they will have the Spider out in June (cunningly, the year was omitted) but realistically you aren't going to get one in your driveway much before 2017 unless they drastically improve production levels.

At least they shot the Parrot.

·
Registered
831 Posts
An 18-month waiting period for the coupe, and they go throw this into the mix.
Jeeez, Alfa.
It's a fantastic car, with or without the roof.
But get your house in order!
There's only one line for these to come off of. And only one supplier for the CF tub. So Alfa may say they will have the Spider out in June (cunningly, the year was omitted) but realistically you aren't going to get one in your driveway much before 2017 unless they drastically improve production levels.

At least they shot the Parrot.
Clearly they will share the production totals between all versions of the 4C. We don't even know if they've built all 500 LE cars yet. And, there are other cars to be made for the rest of the world. Don't expect much, cause you ain't getting much.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Good things come to those who wait, I don't think the wait is that long by the way. I know the person who got the first LE in my town and I don't believe the list of buyers for the next few are that deep, maybe 5 or 6 on the list. The standard edition will be here by summer I'm sure and the Spider right around the same time. Sure the Spider will be more scarce but so what. I don't want it to be a BMW or MB that all my neighbors have, I want it to be rare and exotic.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Good things come to those who wait, I don't think the wait is that long by the way. I know the person who got the first LE in my town and I don't believe the list of buyers for the next few are that deep, maybe 5 or 6 on the list. The standard edition will be here by summer I'm sure and the Spider right around the same time. Sure the Spider will be more scarce but so what. I don't want it to be a BMW or MB that all my neighbors have, I want it to be rare and exotic.
Are we talking about Alfa Romeo? The first LE (USA) sold about one year after their original promise date. It took six weeks for my dealer to get their second LE. At which time, some dealers were still waiting on their first LE. I expect AR to drag to LE line out one full year. Don't expect an SE until December of 2015 as a 2016 model. The Targa (spider), I'm not placing any bets on that. Yes, I know what was promise the other day. I've heard that so many time I'm quite callused.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here in the Washington DC area one dealer has a LE on the floor, but wants a $10K premium and it's just sitting there for weeks. Another dealer has 13 orders (all promised to sell at MSRP), with only two cars on the way. Another dealer has 4 orders, with none for sure on the way.

·
Registered
281 Posts
So will only the Spider be offered in yellow, and not the Coupe?
https://4c.alfaromeo.com/en_us

Yellow is not in the current lineup for the coupe - in any market.
I don't recall it being discussed as an option at this time.
Perhaps, if it proves popular with orders of the spider - whenever that might really happen (and when you can specify colour, instead of taking what Alfa sends the dealer).

There's always a wrap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here in the Washington DC area one dealer has a LE on the floor, but wants a $10K premium and it's just sitting there for weeks.
Which dealer? I want to see a 4C in real life. I was in touch with Criswell a few weeks ago but last I heard all their 4Cs were sold so I'm guessing none on the floor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts