Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post here what dealerships are asking for the Launch Edition of the 4c. MSRP is between 70-75k from what the website and articles say.

A dealership here in Texas just came out offering it for 87k, a good 12-15k over sticker.

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Fiat/Alfa dealer here in Corpus Christi sent me a Reserve request form that states FLAT OUT that there will be a $15k mark-up over MSRP. So somewhere between $85-89k.....

·
Registered
831 Posts
MSRP is $71,000 and change for the LE.
My dealer in Los Angeles is asking $100,000 for their first car.
All LE cars include all options and all accessories, dealers do not have a choice on this or the color they get. They have what is shipped to them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ridiculous and such dealer pricing strategies have fallen other brands such as viper recently...

Only a factory intervention and 15 grand MSRP price reduction resolved the err or in dealer misjudgment.

The little 4c with 240 hp is barely priced correctly at 53 grand ....IMO

At 53 base the 4c is an interesting novelty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, there's nothing wrong with a premium over MSRP if people will pay it. I think for 85-90k all the LE on the first tranche will sell, you'll see. Then 1-2 months later the second tranche of LE will come out and prob sell for 75-80k, and after prob just regular MSRP.

Anyway, in 3-6 months the regular edition will come out at 55-70k (depending on options), which is a great price point for this semi-exotic cars and people will buy them at MSRP, not in great numbers but again Alfa is not producing them in big numbers either.

I personally would pay the 72k for the LE, but at 87k I'd rather wait 6 months.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
These are niche cars marketed to an niche audience. By the end of the run in four to five years, they will be deeply discounted.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Dealers should NOT mark up the retail price....because in a few years when those customers come in and want to trade , buy newer models they are too upside down in their cars...and will remember the dealers who charged too much....when I was a Mazda dealer and the Miata came out , we did not mark up the cars , but everybody else did....guess where most customers came at time for trade ins? word gets around...customers remember...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ridiculous and such dealer pricing strategies have fallen other brands such as viper recently...

Only a factory intervention and 15 grand MSRP price reduction resolved the err or in dealer misjudgment.

The little 4c with 240 hp is barely priced correctly at 53 grand ....IMO

At 53 base the 4c is an interesting novelty.
$53,000 gets you the Standard Edition (SE) with no options. With all options it's just under $70k

The Launch Edition (LE) is $71k and includes all the options. The first 500 cars will be the LE. Buy the time the SE gets here, the rush will be over and dealers will be doing good to get sticker price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dont think that will be the case here in the US, but it is a wishful thought.

European used cars for sale. About six months old. Most have only 200 miles.
Just a bit of insight as to what we can expect here in the USA.
Six months from now the market will be flooded with 4C's cause it's a niche car bought buy non-niche people.

Used Alfa Romeo 4C cars for sale with PistonHeads

·
Registered
22 Posts
European used cars for sale. About six months old. Most have only 200 miles.
Just a bit of insight as to what we can expect here in the USA.
Six months from now the market will be flooded with 4C's cause it's a niche car bought buy non-niche people.

Used Alfa Romeo 4C cars for sale with PistonHeads
You are so right, the same thing happened with the Elise. Lots of people thought they wanted one and bought it, but plenty of those folks didn't want to put up with all the quirks and impracticalities*. There probably will be a healthy market of "previously owned" 4Cs, within 6 months to a year.

*One small example: The current iteration of the 4C doesn't even have adjustable seats - the Elise at least has an adjustable drivers-side seat - passenger side is fixed. But really, not being able to slide the drivers' seat is really pretty extreme IMO. I think a lot of drivers will quickly tire of this. What if you drop something (like your car keys, for example) back there?

·
Registered
281 Posts
You are so right, the same thing happened with the Elise. Lots of people thought they wanted one and bought it, but plenty of those folks didn't want to put up with all the quirks and impracticalities*. There probably will be a healthy market of "previously owned" 4Cs, within 6 months to a year.

*One small example: The current iteration of the 4C doesn't even have adjustable seats - the Elise at least has an adjustable drivers-side seat - passenger side is fixed. But really, not being able to slide the drivers' seat is really pretty extreme IMO. I think a lot of drivers will quickly tire of this. What if you drop something (like your car keys, for example) back there?
Not wanting to assail your point, which I believe is a very valid one, but with respect to your example please note that the N. American spec has driver AND passenger adjustable seats. The website calls them 4-way adjustable. Usually, that means forward, back, tilt forward, tilt back. Manually, of course. Height on the driver's is adjustable by the dealer to suit the purchaser's body shape.

·
Registered
831 Posts
4Canada beat me to it. The Euro spec car has no adjustment on the passenger seat. Driver's slides for and aft. I've sat in a US demo. The passenger slides for and aft.

Driver's (all versions) has an elevation adjustment. The seat need to be removed from the car and spacers changed.

Hmm. Oh, the seat back tilts some, but not much. Both sides.

The steering wheel has two adjustments though. It tilts (up & down) and telescopes (in & out).

·
Registered
281 Posts
4Canada beat me to it. The Euro spec car has no adjustment on the passenger seat. Driver's slides for and aft. I've sat in a US demo. The passenger slides for and aft.

Driver's (all versions) has an elevation adjustment. The seat need to be removed from the car and spacers changed.

Hmm. Oh, the seat back tilts some, but not much. Both sides.

The steering wheel has two adjustments though. It tilts (up & down) and telescopes (in & out).
And once we get our cars, we'll Krazy glue all the adjustments to our preferred settings, so the cars will be ours and no one else's, right RacerZ? :)

(Kind of like marking territory, but I don't want to pee in my 4C)

·
Registered
831 Posts
And once we get our cars, we'll Krazy glue all the adjustments to our preferred settings, so the cars will be ours and no one else's, right RacerZ? :)

(Kind of like marking territory, but I don't want to pee in my 4C)
I was thinking to JB Weld it in place. Or I could just jam a pencil in the track mechanism.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
A few of us from the ICCS (Italian Car Club of the Southwest) braved the rain yesterday and went to Holt Fiat in Fort Worth to see the first 4C in the DFW area. The car is really a beautiful design when viewed in person. I snapped a picture of the window sticker (among many others) and thought I'd post it here for everyone.

$71,895 before taxes and title for the launch edition.

image.jpg

Talking with the manager of the dealership, he said that the car had attracted a dozen or so potential buyers but there were really only two or three serious contenders. He said that he would auction the car to the highest bidder, and that although one 4C (which made a surprise early appearance at an auction in Florida) had reached $125,000, he expected this car to sell for roughly $100,000.

One thing I don't think I've seen it mentioned elsewhere is that Alfa is including a standard 4-Year 50,000-mile warranty on the car.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts