Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a month of owning a 4C thought it time to take photos you won't see in the typical photoshoot

First picture is of a plastic tag or handle that is on the lip of the trunk, what happens if you pull that lever? Couple people have mentioned it's a requirement for all trunks to have a release pull but seriously you couldn't even fit a small pet into this trunk let alone a human being. At least it's plastic and lightweight.

Second shot is of the space between the seats, there is a little pouch which when you open it has a tiny little storage space, enough for a phone and some pens or your change, why they have a lock on it is beyond me. And, yes they provided a key for the little lock.

My absolute favorite is the final image, took me a while to realize while this car has no glove box they managed to find the time to install not one, but TWO hooks for hanging your clothes?! How crazy is that. There is one hook behind each of the seats. Maybe this is to make up for the complete lack of a functional trunk. Nowhere to put your insurance paperwork or even a small suitcase, but you could easily travel with two sportsjackets, one behind each seat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,861 Posts
The first picture is of the emergency escape pull handle for those occasions when you might get trapped in the trunk with the lid closed. Fed mandated, regardless of size of trunk. The graphics are pretty easy to interpret.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doors and floors on the 4C

My favorite feature of the bodywork on the car is how the air intake merges with the doors. If you look at the air intake and how they shaped the doors (which are surprisingly thick) to fit into the equation they are quite beautiful. You only get the full effect when you look at the door edge head on when it's opened.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok that is hilarious about the escape handle, you couldn't even fit a cat in the trunk barely let alone a human being!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call carbon floors

With the thinnest of floor mats removed, here is the carbon underneath.

Car comes with three different options for plugging your mobile device in, those are the wires dangling down on the passenger side, my iPhone runs through the stereo and the sound is really good (launch edition came with upgraded speakers), also as a just strange fact, the stereo is branded "Harley Davidson" I guess it's designed for motorcycles - have no idea why but that's what the booklet that came with the car says.

Also note the width of the sill, it's pretty darn wide you can see as a reference my foot there, and the carbon tub gets super I mean super wide at the edge of the sill where the door attaches in the final photo.

The pictures don't do it justice, the carbon is really gorgeous, well polished and just a spectacular finish to it.

Speaking of photos EVERYONE who has seen my car says within the first 10 seconds, "wow, that is really an amazing red" and then the second sentence is always, "doesn't look anything like the photos in magazines". And it's true the red paint is a deep rich red and all photos, including mine make it look way more like a bright cherry red.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Air intakes

Close up of air intakes, the first four photos are of the passenger side vent, the final shot is close up of the driver's side.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brakes close up

Close ups of the brakes, interesting is the reflector on the front end of the car just in front of the wheel well is a blinker that flashes with turn signal. Also really great feature is the rear taillights with the round bulb that flashes with turn signal, reminds me of my old BMW 2002.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Headlights

Love these lights, they have three bulbs, main headlights, an arced LED type display and the bullet shaped blinker all encased in yet another carbon fiber zone of goodness. They really look awesome, I never saw the original controversial European ones up close but in any case this version is well done.

And the hood emblem is set in a portion of the body that is molded around it with the front grill below, which is a nice feature, it's hard to see in photos but the front end, if you ignore the rest of the car, really really looks like an Alfa, they captured the feel of the older cars well.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update on 4C owner experience

My update after a month of driving the car.

It is very low to the ground, far more so than any car I've owned in the past. This has required a new understanding of parking and of what I can and can't drive up and over. I learned the hard way on my driveway and after two major scraping incidents, where I ripped up the underside pretty bad (will share photos later) I now have a good understanding of what the clearance really is.

I get a lot of attention everywhere I go which is fun, the car really perks people up and honestly I see a lot of smiles as people take in the fact they are witnessing a 4C up close. People take pictures, they ask questions, it's social and fun.

I find myself laughing ALOT while driving, for no particular reason other than an upshift. The racing exhaust in Dynamic mode is pretty amusing to listen to, it's just over the top.

I have found myself "just going for a drive" for the first time in a long time, it's relaxing and de-stressing to drive this thing. It's hard to take the car too seriously since you feel like a 12 year old in a supped up go-kart, the vehicle kind of rattles along with the road, you feel everything, and sporadically the car just does something on it's own, the turbo will kick in or you just lightly touch the gas and it'll decide to change gears (in automatic mode), or the front wheels will catch a rut and just pull the car over somewhere outside of where you were planning on steering.

It just makes for a DRIVING experience, as I've been trying to explain to my 16 year old son, this is a CAR and you DRIVE in it, it's brought me back and has been a return to the road a return the feeling like you are really moving along at 70 mph and that going that fast should be exhilarating and exciting and loud and tiring, not quiet and smooth and predictable.

I personally blast the stereo everywhere I drive and find the combination of loud engine noises, road noise and music to be quite pleasurable.

The steering wheel feels great, the leather and the shape and the contours at the 10/2 positions really "feel" right.

The suspension is something else, hard to describe but with the manual steering and the suspension there's a magic that happens in a turn, you really have to drive one to get it, although I think those that have had old school manual steering cars in the past will get what I mean.

The single windshield wiper actually works really well (got stuck in the rain once so far). The molding and shape of the doors is quite something to behold and the sheer volume of carbon fiber throughout (I'm a bicycle rider and am used to carbon in small packages) is a joy. I mean there is a whole lot of carbon that went into this thing.

I have a very biased standpoint always having been an Alfa lover but this car far exceeds anything I could have wished for in a new Alfa.

Very happy Alfa owner, it's a fast, fun, absolutely gorgeous machine.

Ok and the complete lack of storage is a bummer, I was going to a new year's eve party and the "trunk" was completely filled by the car cover which I had to take with me which left my passenger carrying flowers, champagne and various types of food in their lap for an hour, BUT this is what makes for great stories, the "remember that time..." type stuff that comes from owning a greater than life and impractical automobile.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Awesome pics and a great narrative! Thanks, it is a lovely car and I hope it will bring you joy for years to come!

·
Registered
831 Posts
After a month of owning a 4C thought it time to take photos you won't see in the typical photoshoot

First picture is of a plastic tag or handle that is on the lip of the trunk, what happens if you pull that lever? Couple people have mentioned it's a requirement for all trunks to have a release pull but seriously you couldn't even fit a small pet into this trunk let alone a human being. At least it's plastic and lightweight.

Second shot is of the space between the seats, there is a little pouch which when you open it has a tiny little storage space, enough for a phone and some pens or your change, why they have a lock on it is beyond me. And, yes they provided a key for the little lock.

My absolute favorite is the final image, took me a while to realize while this car has no glove box they managed to find the time to install not one, but TWO hooks for hanging your clothes?! How crazy is that. There is one hook behind each of the seats. Maybe this is to make up for the complete lack of a functional trunk. Nowhere to put your insurance paperwork or even a small suitcase, but you could easily travel with two sportsjackets, one behind each seat.
On each seat-back is a sleeved pouch for papers and such. Under the dash on the passenger side is another sleeved pouch for those wires and more papers. I find that I can wrap things in a towel and put it behind the passenger seat, then push the seat back.

I'm going to have to look for those hooks as I never saw them in my 4C.

Thanks for the pictures and the write up. Really enjoyed reading it all.

Not to take away from your thread, but I have access to a lift at work and put mine on it and took a bunch of pictures. Enjoy them.
Undercarriage Slideshow by 13RacerZ | Photobucket

·
Premium Member
15,861 Posts
Love the little detail of the NACA inlet under the rear of the car. Wonder what that supplies air to.

Also noticed the bad looking scrape scars under the front of the body. Oops, and shame on you, wink wink.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here are some shots of underneath the car and the engine compartment.
So is that the battery in the engine compartment (what looks to be on the driver's side, towards the front)?

This is a very, very cool car. The more I look at it, the more I think about it, this is got to be one of the best new sports cars to come out of Italy in a long time. Who would want to spend $300K on a Ferrari when you can get this carbon fibre tubbed machine for under $70K?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I noticed the slippage marks on some of the engine compartment fasteners. I'm familiar with seeing them on aircraft and helicopters but not as factory marks on a car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts