Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i have just been trying to tune my newly built 2litre engine. bedding cams, rings and now fine tuning the carbs. However the carb rubber mounts are disentergrating and falling to pieces!

They are leaking in air and are now throwing the tuning right off. These are 'brand new' from a well known supplier in the uk.

I am now using my 40mm ones from my previous engine for now. However i'm stuck trying to source new ones as there are none in NZ.

I've heard that there are alloy ones? or metal ones? how do these seal to the intake manifold? has anyone used them?

Where does everybody get there rubber mounts from? do the racing people still use traditional rubber ones?

Other than the s'port strut, is there any other way to isolate damage to them?

PS - does everyone have problems with trumpet length and the space between panel? I'm trying to create a sealed air box with trumpets inside...its a mission. anyway, i'll post pics when its done.

thanks, vick

·
Registered
159 Posts
Any Luck

Vikesh.

Did you have any luck finding those alloy or metal ones carb mounts??

Paul.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aluminium Carb Mounts

Hey Paul,

Yes I did, from EB Spares in the UK. These are made with 40mm bore, where one surface is finsished smooth (flush seal with gasket) and the other has a larger rubber O-ring. It is possible to bore out to match your port and carb size - and I have thus gone for 45mm.

I think the price is about 78 pounds. I don't see why people would want to use rubber ones, I never knew metal ones existed till I had my problems...I assumed you need quite a bit of flex and a better seal?

Seems to be perfect at the mo. and it drastically changes intake sound esp full throttle when it all opens up.

I now have 124Hp at the wheels and 110 ft/lb of torque, with my new engine etc etc...

good luck, keep us posted.

Cheers,
Vick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts