Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no. 4330 tipo 40dc03.

Got to explore a foreclosed house today thanks to my cousin in law and interest in automobiles. The man who lost his house was an avid VW and Alfa man. I dug through many totes of alfa parts. Took a few pictures of half a dozen carbs because they weber carbs from Italy and thats just not something I am used to seeing. I have lots of pictures on my phone and my facebook account: "Hotrods N Nimrods" I'd be happy to share with anyone I just cant post pictures on here. The last sale offering I have see for these particular carbs was over $3,000 in 2013. We need help placing these items in the right hands. I did see a body there that looked 1950's and apparently there is an entire block/transmission somewhere on property that I didnt see.

also noted an aluminum water pump fan and a couple "40 dcoe 32" carbs..bologna italia

any help is apprecited,

thanks,

Kyle

·
Push hard and live
8,934 Posts
Where are you and the items located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
La Crescent..Winona area...2 hours south of Minneapolis. People are usually more familiar with our boarder town La crosse Wi.

·
Push hard and live
8,934 Posts
I think you need to have made at least 10 posts in order to post pictures.

We get frequent scam artists on the AlfaBB, which often have a similar story to your own. Generally, they are new members, such as yourself. I'm not saying you are a scammer, just that any interested parties will want substantial confirmation of your bonafides.

I'd start by getting to 10 posts, possibly via the test area, then publishing detailed pictures of what you've got.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
completely understood, good info...thank you. I also thought about joining a facebook group if you recommend any? I'm not very efficient on there but I understand guys like to do that now because it's easy to vet somebody by just looking at their pictures. I can't send PM's yet either so I'm heading to the test area..thank again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to the user by the name of "rand". I did post images on facebook, however I have my privacy settings set where you have to be a friend of mine to view all of my images. After many requests, I am going to change that tonight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump for tonight because im going back tomorrow for more pictures after work ...look for pictures on "Hotrods N Nimrods"-facebook. Still wont let me post pics on here. we need help with these vin numbers, block casting numbers, Im thinking of buying the whole lot, havent even seen the chassis yet.

Thanks

·
Push hard and live
8,934 Posts
I visited your FB site "Hotrods N Nimrods" and found no Weber or Alfa pictures. Very few pictures at all, in fact, apart from some grandmother hoping our military ignores cop-on-black violence while taking a nap during a Korean nuclear attack.

I smell "scam".

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I visited your FB site "Hotrods N Nimrods" and found no Weber or Alfa pictures. Very few pictures at all, in fact, apart from some grandmother hoping our military ignores cop-on-black violence while taking a nap during a Korean nuclear attack.

I smell "scam".
I doubt this is a scam.

Did you read post above where you must be friends w/ FB account to actually view all the photos? FB does have some strange and convoluted privacy settings one must wade through. I don't even bother anymore.

I'm not a buyer - but the poster has been pretty up front about things so far and doesn't have enough posts to attach photos. Are the carbs valuable? Definitely. But this is not a scammer MO.

Original poster - if you get to 10 posts you may attach photos here in the thread.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Original poster - if you get to 10 posts you may attach photos here in the thread.
Correction.
A person with one post can post pics AS LONG AS those pics are uploaded direct from their computer or other device.

The 10-post rule prevents, among other things, posting a link.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are correct, you have to friend me to see pics...which at this point I have deleted because I have made contact with the right persons who I like and trust. Parts are sold. I wouldnt even reply to this, but i just want to clear up hot rods n nimrods name, I know with the internet everything is a scam but I assure you as I dusted off my sand casted webers, convertible frame, and and gas tank..it is not.

peace out

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I am glad that you sold the parts. I do not think that everything on the internet is a scam and have bought many parts that were listed on the Bulletin as well as on eBay and have had very few problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts