Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some 40 DCOE carbs on a 72' GTV that have been sitting for 15 years. I've cleaned the carbs using carb spray inside. I have some rebuild kits. Where are some reasonable rebuilders or the best price for new ones! Thanks. Mike 336-706-1554

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Get 'em rebuilt. Good as new. Search here for "Gordon Raymond". Or use an advanced search for Weber rebuild. Also, I think "S. Lang" just had some rebuilt and was happy with the outcome.

·
Super Moderator
12,060 Posts
Where are some reasonable rebuilders or the best price for new ones!
Mike:

Your carbs were probably made in Italy (see if they're marked "made in Italy"). If so, you can't get them new - Weber carbs are currently made in Spain (or who knows where). The lore is that the current versions aren't made as well as the Italian ones. So, if the carbs have a problem, rebuilding your existing carbs is probably a better idea than buying a new set.

I always use Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy, California for carburetor work. But do your's really need rebuilding? I'd try them first before assuming they need an overhaul.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's had old gas in them along time. The butterflies were stuck...but finally freed up.We got car running with starting fluid and a little fuel from the carbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts