Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Here's another clue.
Actually, it might be THE clue!

Compared to the Series 1 1750 32s I have, the serial number on yours is quite high. Our 1968s 32s are in the 5000 range if memory serves. Two more clues involve the '05' after the serial number. One of them is that around the time of emission carb introduction (late 71-72), Alfa had the last two digits of the Alfa part number stamped after the carbs serial number. And number two is that the last two digits for a Series 2 1750 DCOE happen to be 05.
Given these clues, and some of the jetting values, it may be that you have original late production Series 2 1750 carbs.

Which only goes to prove that my experience with Series 1 32s far exceeds that of the Series 2. :rolleyes:

**** Jim:

Can't believe you have memorized all those serial numbers.

While were looking closely at Webers, let me ask a "technical" question of all. I have a set of Webers with nutted screws from the top into the choke area. I recall they are needle valve type screws - probably for pollution. I'm thinking of a Megajolt ignition with a Map Sensor. Could I remove these two pollution screws and put in ports for picking up map vacuum? Is this the right place to pick up Map or is it the wrong side of the butterfly?

Bud

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I will see the former owner of these tomorrow and I will have to ask about their history.
Maybe they came on a Euro 1750 Alfetta ????
Thanks to everyone for their insight.
With Alfas, we always find something new.

For an Alfa DCOE application spreadsheet, PM me and I'll send it to you. Please specify Lotus or Excel.

Bud,
Sounds like those are air bypass adjustment screws. If so, I'd think that they could not be used for a MAP signal.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.