Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have 4 Quad 15 inch Phone Dial wheels left. All will need some degree of refinishing and new centers. All have some curb rash and need new finish.
$45.00 each and I can ship to the lower 48 for about $18.00 each if I remember correctly.

Let me add. These are 4 bolt pattern Spider Phone Dial wheels, not sedan wheels with 5 bolt pattern.

It took 3 to 4 minutes each for these to upload. Longest upload times I have experienced here on the BB. ???

Robert Hill in Memphis TN

1959 red Giulietta Spider Veloce
1988 black Spider Veloce
1988 red Spider Quad

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing your rims. Did you try the 'Go Advanced' button below? Let me know if you need extra guidance there... I found that a bit tricky the first time too. Make sure the size of your pix meets the limits they show too.

Not sure if the 5 bolt pattern works on a A-R GTV6?? Or the offset? Anybody got an answer for that?
Yours are 15"... correct? What is the width?

Do your rims look like either of these designs?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks for the clarification!

When you said 4 Q... I guess I automatically thought Q4, as in A-R 164 Q4 (24v, 4 cam, V6 motor).

A little sandblasting and powder coat, or paint, and your Spider wheels should look like brand new.

My fault, not yours.
Peter

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, mutual tunnel vision. I am always thinking "Spider" because I have one and there are no Alfa sedans in the area I have seen in the past 10 - 15 years. There are only 5 Spiders and one student owned Duetto I have seen or heard of in the Metro area in the last 4 years. I bought my first modern Spider 4 years ago, so then I started paying attention.

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Same here! You meant four Spider Quadrifolio phone dials (4 Q wheels).

I have GTV6s (prob 12 over the last 25 years). And recently acquired a 24v V6 motor from an ALFA 164 LS, to plug into my next GTV6. Mine's an LS motor, and I've been keeping an eye out for used intake runners from the 164 Q4 model, to give it an extra 15-20HP.

So my feeble brain did that automatic leap to: 164 Q4. I think the 4 stands for four cams?

That's a Phantom Jet in your pic, jah? At first it looked like an F-101 VooDoo. But I looked closer... before once again jumping to a hasty guess.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
""That's a Phantom Jet in your pic, jah? At first it looked like an F-101 VooDoo. But I looked closer... before once again jumping to a hasty guess.""

Yes, F4-J. the VooDoo was a good A/C but nothing will ever compair with the sound of a "Beast" taking off in full afterburner.

Robert

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I think both planes were from McDonnell-Douglas, as I remember. So much of the forward exterior shapes had some similarities. Visually, the rear elevator wings, and the air inlet ducts, are the give-away clues. I suppose from this, that the Phantom owes a bit of it's airframe to the VooDoo. But you're right... the Phantom was much newer and more advanced. So, likely, no contest on performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All the Spider phonedial wheels have been sold. Thanks for your interest.

Sold all 4 phonedial wheels to one buyer. Paid and delivered.

Thanks All, Robert Hill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts