Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all;

Does anyone know if there were any US alfas that had 4.33:1 rear differentials? I spoke with max banks at alfaholics who told me that the 72 and 73 berlinas had these, but joe at centerline told me the US versions has 4.11:1 LSD units. I have the opportunity to buy a unit from a berlina, but would really like the 4.33:1 if possible.

Any info you have on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Joe is right that we didn't get a 4.3 in any U.S. 105s or 115s, but they were 4.56 not 4.11. We didn't get 4.11s (I've been calling them 4.10s) until around '82 in the Spiders. Any U.S. Berlina ('69 - '74) would have had a 4.56, like the contemporary GTVs and Spiders. Limited slip starting around '72. Most of this info is what I'm remembering off the top of my head from Andrew Watry's Berlina Register website. You'll want to check it out.

Bill

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I'll second Bill's good memory, the US Berlina was 4:56 stock from the factory to the states, it seems the rest of the world got the 4:33. I've converted at least three Berlina's to the 4:10, it is good improvement for any 1750-2000 Alfa. Turn the pinion and count the revolutions to get the output to rotate once.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is there an easy way to determine what type of rearend you have without getting into it. Seems mine has been changed out with what I do not have a clue.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Is there an easy way to determine what type of rearend you have without getting into it. Seems mine has been changed out with what I do not have a clue.
Yes, click on this thread "Limited Slip Diffs"...

Best regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts