Registered
503 Posts
Miles or KM?

·
Premium Member
6,390 Posts
wow THATS awesome

GREAT JOB IECOUPE!

where are you located -- Ireland or here in USA?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Bravo! Well done! This shows the resilience of a well built car owned by a person that cares for her. This gives us all hope.

·
Registered
570 Posts
original miles.
What are "original miles" anyway? :confused:

Why do we say that? What other kind are there? :rolleyes:
yes, yes, I know its a ubiquitous term, but still... ;)

probably a new thread

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
As an adjective - [original] miles might mean

3 entries found for original.
To select an entry, click on it.
original[1,noun]original[2,adjective]original sin

Main Entry: 2original
Function: adjective
1 : relating to or being the origin or beginning : FIRST, EARLIEST <the original part of an old house> <original owners>
2 : not copied or imitated from something else <original paintings> <an original idea>
3 : being an original
4 : able to think up new things : INVENTIVE <an original artist>
synonym see NEW

Since new. I have owned My Originale since new so miles on it are miles since new aka Original Miles.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Engine has not been rebuilt. Have records going back to '91.

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
My engine has not been touched either except for timing belts (many) and two water pumps. Now have somewhat over 200,000 on original engine so a ways to go to make 385,000 miles.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
My "refusing to die" 164B has 193,000 and is generously lubrication front of the engine and the inside of the exhaust pipe.

·
1991 164L
27,633 Posts
My "refusing to die" 164B has 193,000 and is generously lubrication front of the engine and the inside of the exhaust pipe.
Them there B models are tough aren't they?

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
16,808 Posts
"Engine has not been rebuilt. Have records going back to '91"

Not the original clutch, though, I'll bet. Or else there is one heck of a lot of highway miles.

I have 155k miles on the clutch of the 91S and it is going strong yet, but the 94LS has had one clutch change at 60k miles due to driving techniques of P.O. I don't expect either one of them to reach 200k per clutch disc, however, due to suburban/urban type driving. Well, maybe the LS since it is our "trip"car with more highway type miles.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I've put 2 clutches in. And a transmission, but that was my fault. Low oil level at track day.

·
Registered
70 Posts
385K including some track days?! I think you should contact Alfa, they may give you $1 million to see what mistakes were made in the engine's construction - to see it doesn't happen again!

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
16,808 Posts
What brand motor oil/weight have you used for the most part?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
20/50 Castrol for changes. It goes through a quart every 400-500 miles now, so I top it up with whatever brand 20/50 the gas station has. In the winter I run 10/40. It is starting to smoke a bit on start up when cold, but does not smoke otherwise. When and if I hit 400,000 miles, I am ging to contact Alfa.

Tom

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
So much for Synthetic oil:)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
20/50 Castrol for changes. It goes through a quart every 400-500 miles now, so I top it up with whatever brand 20/50 the gas station has. In the winter I run 10/40. It is starting to smoke a bit on start up when cold, but does not smoke otherwise. When and if I hit 400,000 miles, I am ging to contact Alfa.

Tom
Was that Castrol GTX 20/50 ??

I'm caught between the GTX I've been using Cro-Mangon replaced Neanderthals... and the recent argument against it.

What's a mother to do?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts