Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,579 Posts
Good morning Scorpion,

I was thinking about this thread the other day, but this is my first chance to share my thoughts.

The AlfaBB is not simply a want-ads kind of place. There is substantial experience that is free of charge. We all assume someone posts here to either avail themselves of that help, or offer it to another in need. Having said that...

In my opinion, if you'd like to sell your car more quickly and with a favorable improvement in its value, you might want to consider doing some work on it. As it sits, there are many questions that are unanswered. Like any investment, uncertainty decreases value and buyer interest. My own rough estimate is that somewhere between $2,000 - $4,000 worth of work would answer most of the lurking doubts, and bring a buyer with the best money you're likely to get.

I bought the car I'm driving now for $3,000, with fewer unanswered doubts than yours. Had the seller simply gotten the engine running and the car driving, I expect he would have doubled the selling price. As it sits, I've probably got around $9-10k in it, but most of that was not in the engine. So - he could have found someone to just get it driving and doubled his money.

With your car, the questions go deeper than the condition of the engine. Still, with a small investment, I think the worst you'd do is get your money back, but at least you'd be attracting buyers who currently have too much doubt to lean in.

Good luck. Truly.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts