Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hear so many people talk about if their good they can get 50 k to 75k miles on a clutch and pp.I am here to tell you they will last much longer.These picts are of a OEM pp disc and throw out bearing that we replaced because of a crack bellhousing not a weak clutch.These parts had been in a 69 GTV for over thirty years and very close to a quarter of a Million Miles.Still meat on the disc,no rivet heads showing,one of the springs in the disc was starting to show its age but this clutch still grabbed and never slipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
So I hear so many people talk about if their good they can get 50 k to 75k miles on a clutch and pp.I am here to tell you they will last much longer.These picts are of a OEM pp disc and throw out bearing that we replaced because of a crack bellhousing not a weak clutch.These parts had been in a 69 GTV for over thirty years and very close to a quarter of a Million Miles.Still meat on the disc,no rivet heads showing,one of the springs in the disc was starting to show its age but this clutch still grabbed and never slipped.
it's all about how you treat your clutch!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your so right.an ex Father in law used to argue that in his Jag that getting 10000 mi. on a clutch was normal,according to him it wasn't his driving style it was sub par parts !!!:rolleyes: We all know better.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
when I hear my mom take off, I sometimes wonder how she can get anything over 10000 miles on a clutch :eek:

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
My 87 BMW 325 IS (slightly tricked out) ran 190,000 on the OEM clutch. I replaced it just because it was time.
Below is my GTA clutch, installed in 1972, and just re-adjusted last year. The disc was just about worn to the rivets. Back in the car now.
It is all about how these things are used. The GTA disc was a solid-center unit.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts