Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on where to get 3 shoe brake linings replace. East coast source preferable.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Alfa Stop sells new three shoe brake linings or you can send your shoes to Classic Alfa for relining. I would probably buy brake linings from Alfa Stop and have a local brake shop rivet the linings to your brake shoes. I have always riveted my lining to my brake shoes using a small manual riveting device.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
Looking for recommendations on where to get 3 shoe brake linings replace. East coast source preferable.
That's an easy one: the "go to" place is Brake Materials & Parts in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. See: Home -

The proprietor there knows early Alfa brakes inside & out, is easy to deal with, super fast turn-around times, .... Only downside is that you will spend a few bucks shipping your heavy parts back and forth to Indiana. They will want the drums, as well as shoes, in order to arc the shoes properly.

Do NOT make the mistake I made initially, and use a local shop to reline your Giulia shoes. Heavy trucks are the primary users of drum brakes today - local shops will accept your job, but will install rock-hard lining material which just won't work on your light Giulia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts