Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were the centers fully stripped and painted?
No, there were not taken down to bare metal when i painted them. I just did a good scuff 'n spray job on them, with the intentions of re-finishing them this winter. Other projects have come up that i have more interest in completing and would like to move these along to move the other projects along.

Was quoted about $75 a center to fully take them down to metal, then powdercoated, by what seems like the only shop willing to deal with such a rare/valuable wheel. ( 4everkustoms in PA )

they looked like this when i got them:

then right after i sprayed them detail:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I want to believe that the bolt pattern is 5X98mm, but the 57.1mm center bore (typical for VWs) is too small for ANY Alfa or Fiat with 5X98mm bolt pattern. RWD Alfas with 5X98 has center bore of 58.6mm, and 58.1mm for the FWD ones. I suggest that you check the center bore and the bolt pattern again. Good luck with sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to believe that the bolt pattern is 5X98mm, but the 57.1mm center bore (typical for VWs) is too small for ANY Alfa or Fiat with 5X98mm bolt pattern. RWD Alfas with 5X98 has center bore of 58.6mm, and 58.1mm for the FWD ones. I suggest that you check the center bore and the bolt pattern again. Good luck with sale.
That is great information to know, thank you. :thumb up:

I can assure you the cb is definitely 57.1, as they fit perfectly snug on my hubs, as for the BP, i will do a little more diligence on getting a super accurate measurement... I've just gone off what i was told at time of purchase, and always have used wobble bolts with them, never really gave it much thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts