Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
4 Alfa Romeo mystery pistons

For sale are 4 NOS, Alfa part number 105000203099 pistons, apparently high compression 2 ring pistons, for four valve heads, just came across these, looking for a fourth, no cir-clips, but gudgeon pin is intact. Would like to gt $300 for the three plus shipping and PayPal as a gift, Fran will provide more info if I can find out what these are for

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,687 Posts
Looks like a fairly shallow valve angle, maybe a late narrow-angle GTAm/Alfetta head? Though I wouldn't expect such a low PN, though maybe the pistons and box aren't contemporary?
Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
piston were in these boxes, and i have three, look to be high comp, and with two rings suspect some sort of race application, weird, the 99 suffix to me would indicate a special application i think. Fran

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Vol. 3 of the Performance Options Catalog lists these as being for a 1300 w/74mm bore. ID number (on the pin boss or underside of the crown) is shown to be 2460. I'll see if I can find any more info...

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am guessing that these may have been used in an Alfa Romeo 16 valve 1500 marine (marino) engine, they also had an 8 valve version which produced 175 hp, 16 valve netted 195 hp, bore is 83.4mm, and were base on 1300 blocks. The piston using a crude caliper is in the the 83mm range. When I bought these parts, there was originally a few water jacketed exhaust manifolds, that miraculously disappeared when I went to collect the parts. Oh well, but that's my conclusion on these pistons. Fran

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Sorry. I can not find any additional information to what I previously posted.

If these pistons are in the 83mm range, then the 1500 marine application, with an 83.4mm bore, could be a possibility BUT the marine pistons have a different part number; 105.00.02.030.98.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts