Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good 3.0 liter V6 crank. I had a messy engine failure at a LeMons race due to oil starvation and nuked my motor. I have made deals to buy a complete 3.0 liter parts car and another BBer has offered me a reasonable deal on a basket case motor which I will take up. But I am in the process of building a new motor for an upcoming race in October and will not have these parts in time to race. I have everything else I need here now.

So let me know if you have a crank that you would like to sell. It will get me ahead on my build and cranks are a lot easier to ship than engines!

Greg

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a lap in the Milano while the motor still had oil in it.

Greg

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately both crankshafts that I procured turned out to be unusable so I still need a good 3.0 liter crank. No fault of the sellers but just one of those things. I have a race in 15 days and a motor to build so I am getting a little nervous. At this point I'd take a bent valve basket case if its got a good crank.

Greg

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That thing kicks ***! You better buy 2 cranks!
Thanks, but I'll settle for one right now. Picked one up from Giuseppe at Alfa Auto Clinic this morning. Going to mike it up now.

Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts