Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
7,541 Posts
Valves

Valves are 1.732 int and 1.520 Exh

Don`t waste you time with large valves. Do the seat and bowl correctly.

Large valves are Not going to increase flow unless you port correctly AND instal larger ID seats.

I have posted enough on valve seat shapes.
Do a BB search

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
One mans junk is another mans treasure

Which are the measures of our valves?
12v 3,0 V6 Valve Specs.jpg

Did anybody ever tried to enlarge them and modify the degrees of inclinations?
Lots of folks have enlarged them. None have came back and posted their incredible results. Changing valve angles? Now there's a question that betrays the fact that you have neither read anything posted on your behalf nor understood anything that you have read.

The guys that have been working on your engine most assuredly wish they had 10 more customers like you so they could put their children through college, but have failed to explain that you cannot expect Mt. Vesuvious explosion of power from a hand grenade!

What exactly were you expecting from a 2-valve 3.0 ?

Take a look at this graph of 164 engines (Manufacturers will quote flywheel power and I think the stock 3.0 is a bit inflated here - or at least in the NA market they were around 180 lb/ft and a little more on HP ~185)
164 Engine Specs.jpg

So, if I wanted to feel like I had a 4.0L motor, I would go with the 2.0L V6 Turbo - It has more torque than even the 24v QV! I bet there are lots and lots of 2.0 V6 turbo's in Italy's junk yards. Take the parts and fit to 3.0

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Did anybody ever tried to enlarge them and modify the degrees of inclinations?
That would be a major task to achieve that and I doubt it could actually be done, nor particularly worth while.

A better approach would be to raise the port's angle. The Alfa Six/Sei heads appeared to use a greater port angle. If that's the case, comparing them to the injected heads would be a good start.

To do the work to the EFI heads would be pretty major. The port floor would have to be raised (welded). As well as the notch for the injector would probably have to be partly filled. Who knows how far up you could dig with a die grinder, before you found a water jacket.............
Then custom made inlet runners, that use offset mounted flange plates (the bolts would still be in the same position) and mount the injectors further up (no more injector notches in the heads), would have to be created............. Big work for maybe some gains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts