Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been a while since I’ve posted on here. My Milano blew a head gasket last year and I’m just now getting around to working on the engine.

Head gasket failure seemed to push some of the liners out by themselves, so I’m seeing if anyone has the tools I could borrow to remove and install. I would pay for shipping to & from.

I know I could be creative but I’d rather have the correct tools for this particular job.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
I don't think you need anything to install them unless your talking about a ring compressor to get the piston in. I use the tapered cylinder style for that. It works great but those 3 piece oil rings are a *itch.

I machined an aluminum disc that picks up the bottom of the 2.5 and 3.0 liners. I attach my slide hammer to it to remove reluctant liners.

I think on some of the V6 motors the liner O-rings can only be acquired with full engine gaskets sets right now. That is a major PITA. I think there is nothing very special about them and if they were properly measured and examined we could source them generically.

If the tools are what you are looking for PM me and I will get them to you. Best if you have or buy an inexpensive slide hammer though. (5/8" hole through liner puller)

I have a fancy deck height tool to measure liner stickout also. Not really necessary on these motors

Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts