181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
JJ, PM sent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry for bumping this old thread. I am wondering where You can buy a front bumper like the one on the car. Which lookes GREAT by the way.:D
Same goes for the rims. Where can they be bought??

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Thanks! Where are you located...?

The wheels are from Speedy - out of Australia - Speedy Wheels USA alloy wheels, steel wheels & accessories (I think that mine are the Cheetahs?) Not sure - send them a picture of mine and ask...)

Lester in Europe sells fiberglass reproductions - Group 2 in Seattle (talk to Joe - 206.378.0900) just ordered a bunch of parts...

They were plastic parts originally from the 75 Evoluzione 1.8 Turbo cars in the European market, but mine is the fiberglass aftermarket piece...

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
My order was with Group2, but that order I was told was only for people who paid in advance. Group 2 probably did not order extra pieces for resale.

But check in this forum again and call Group 2 in a couple of weeks, who knows, people often change their minds and may not want their bumpers after all.

I should be getting my EVO bumper next month and my CF hood in a few days :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am located in Sweden, so bad luck for the rims. Maybee they are sold outside Australia also, or are they actually made in Autralia?
I also own a black 75 America and are in search af a new look for it. Yours is the best one yet!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
FOR SALE! I have some personal things prompting me to move quickly, so please bring me any serious offers.

So, as stated before, I have over 40K USD invested in this black 1988 Street/Track 24 valve Alfa Romeo Milano Verde. It will cost one at least that much turnkey for a good shop to bring another Verde to that point today - once you already have the car! We had this discussion already in the thread about that car -

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/milano-75-1987-1989/22872-3-0-litre-24-valve-conversion-street-verde-11.html

and

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-cars-sale-wanted/171056-suv-trade-my-very-nice-restored-24-valve-milano-verde.html

but just to recap -

A basic Verde at 3-4-5K.
* 4K on the Garcia gearbox, clutch and LSD.
* 3,500+ on the G2/GiroDisc brakes.
* 3,500+ on the Ron Simons RSRacing suspension, rose-joints & uniball parts.
* 10K on paint, Evo front and rear bumpers, carbon fiber hood and trunk.
* 5K on in wheels, tires, steering, shift-knob, roof-liner, mats, custom exhaust and cat, electrical sorting.
* 10K on the 24v 3.0 litre and the conversion to fit it, for the GoTech fully-programmable stand-alone engine management system & custom wiring harness, tig-welding / custom intakes, custom headers, GTA Stage II cams and GTA intake runners, coils, wires, FPR etc etc.

I'm not even counting all of the trial by error test-and-dump dollars and time and effort spent on Shankle and Koni and Bilstein and cross-drilled rotors and various pad-combinations, relocating the battery to the trunk, stereo, new lights, emblems etc etc etc.

Last time I posted I think that I said I would take 25K for the Verde and that stands today. Flip back some pages please to see some nice pictures of the car!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
So, it's been a while... Hope that everybody is doing great!?

Anyway, folks - seriously considering parting out this car! I have some personal commitments that are increasing in pressure as time is running out, so I HAVE to sell this car. I have to get my daughter and I to South Africa soon (and there some other pressing things), so I am open to offers. Reasonable offers please.

This is perhaps one of those sad times when the sum of the parts equals more than the whole. The reality is that I can probably get more for the individual high-performance parts, the engine package and other custom components (maybe selling the roller intact), than for the car as things are today.

The preliminary component list probably looks something like this -

1) 24 Valve 3.0 litre 10.0:1 compression V6 engine package for sale with 3.2 GTA intake cams, 44mm GTA intake runners, custom intake plenum (to fit the engine into any transaxle Alfa) and the custom mild-steel headers to facilitate the same. Optional - the GoTech Pro-X fully-programmable, stand-alone engine management system with custom wiring harness, or all of the components needed to run the stock 164 LS / Super Bosch fuel and ignition setup – stock plenum included.

The package made a documented 220 horsepower at the wheels on the CarbCon dyno in Kirkland - the same as an E36 24 valve 3.2 BMW M3 motor on that same dyno. Likely around 270 crank output! I would entertain offers in the $4-$7,000 range (for a package that we sell via Glenwood motors in the 10K range.) The motor still has less than 60,000 miles on it. Was a very low mile motor when I pulled from my 164 LS.

2) Full Ron Simons RSRacing suspension system including front coil-overs with mid-range spring-rate for street track, rear shocks and springs with matching street / track rate, front anti-roll bar with adjustable heim-joints, rear anti-roll bar with adjustable heim-joints, adjustable Watts links with rose-joint center pivot and adjustable heim-joint arms etc. Everything suspension that you can buy for a street/track setup from Ron.

The custom-welded / gusseted front sway-bar mounts will have to stay with the car. This suspension really is the end of the road for these cars in terms of a daily-use street/track setup! A $4,000 package - make me an offer reasonably north of $2,000.

3) A complete, bolt-on, VERY effective G2/GiroDisc brake setup from Group 2. Includes the 4-pot Wilwood calipers up front, custom vented rotors, with floating aluminium hats, stainless steel braided lines, custom CNC anodized aluminium brackets - all a bolt-on fit that will even fit under the stock 15" rim! For the rears it is again a vented custom rotor with floating anodized aluminium hats, custom spaced stock calipers and upgraded Ferrodo pads all of the way around!

A fantastic setup all around. Two drivers running all three sessions back-to-back all day long of a hot summer track day, could not get these brakes to overheat, fade or otherwise fail! A $3,300 package - make me an offer well-north of $2,000.

4) 4.10 final drive ratio 5-speed transaxle with a 50% to 55% lockup LSD, built by Andrew Garcia (before he went the way of the dodo bird.) All gears cross-drilled and back-cut to remove significant weight from gears and shafts! Even the little reverse-idler gear had some weight removed. All gears shot-peened. New syncros installed at the time (we can perhaps do them again for the new owner to ensure a known good setup.) The LSD had the extra set of clutches installed and the lock-up increased to about 50-55% and the box has a 4-puck race clutch installed.

What is even more significznt about the gearbox, is how much it improved handling! It is AMAZING the overall difference that this setup made to the car! Another $4,000+ item. I'd like to see offers well-north of $2,000 please.

5) Clean title, black, 1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde roller. Recent paint (3 years and driven PERHAPS 1000 miles since paint and garaged / covered since then.) The paint isn't perfect, but the car looks really good! Original Recarro interior in reasonable shape. Momo leather and suede steering wheel with 75mm RSRacing CNC aluminum hub-extender, leather Momo shift-knob and newish custom floor mats.

Optional would be the European front and rear bumpers from the Alfa 75. Fiberglass front. ABS plastic rear. Both painted and color-coded at the same time that the car was painted, installed and matching this car beautifully! Shipped to the US, prepared and painted - Offers need to be above a $1,000.

Optional would be the beautiful, custom made, stock fit, carbon fiber hood and trunk-lid! Those sold for $1,600 per set. They are perfect and NO LONGER AVAILABLE, so I will only discount them a little bit. Make me a fair offer.

You end up with a car that has a balanced drive-shaft, very new GIUBOS, custom 17" wheels from Speedy in Australia and the problematic ABS converted to the more predictable and more reliable conventional power-assisted brake setup! You get a sweet sounding and very free-flowing custom exhaust system that exits the 75 bumper at the rear in the middle (where the 75 bumper has a cut-out) and a nice oval single tip! This thing flows and sounds amazing! The battery is already moved to the trunk for you and I have a BRAND NEW windshield already installed! Does $2,000 for (what is today) a nice running, SUPER performing, beautiful, painted Verde - not including the hood, trunk and bumpers - sound fair?

Anyway, guys – call me with ideas / suggestions / offers please! I have over $43,000 in the car (well-documented) as you all know. I was trying to get $25K for the car. Times are tough and I am under pressure. The parts and the car as listed here add up to somewhere around $17-$19? Do the math. 425.766.4278 – or email me via [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #191 (Edited)
Sad day for me however, my back is against the wall! The following parts are committed -

Gearbox is sold!
Brakes are sold!
Carbon fiber hood is sold!
Carbon fiber trunk is sold!

Painted car, 24 valve converted engine package and exhaust system, European 75 / Evo front & rear bumpers, RSRacing suspension and many more items still available!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Suspension is gone now too as it seems and I need to start parting the car in the next week or so.

What I have left to sell then can essentially still be a very nice, running, 24v conversion Milano Verde as one of two packages -

a) Either as a complete running 24 valve converted Milano Verde however, with the stock brakes, stock suspension, stock hood & trunk and the stock transaxle installed!

You would still have that sweet 3.0 Litre V6 24v with GTA cams, GTA intake runners, custom intakes, custom headers, stand-alone engine management system - everything engine-wise still as described before, but with the OEM suspension, transaxle, hood & trunk and OEM brakes installed. (The problematic ABS converted to standard power-assisted Milano setup.)

That LSD by the way will have a new modified 55% lock-up LSD in it!

It this option the car would have European Bumpers and the whole car was painted in recent years! We can talk about options for the replacement stock hood and trunk (paint or aftermarket...!)

You would still get the 17" Speedy wheels and very new rubber that is on the car now as well!

I'm asking $12,000 for that option!

OR

b) You could just buy the roller now - still with the 270 horsepower 24v in it and running as it sits today - with the Speedy wheels, Euro bumpers, Momo steering, shift-knob etc., but fit your own brakes, suspension, transaxle, hood and trunk of your choice!

I'm asking $8,000 for the whole car under that option!

425.766.4278 or email via [email protected]

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Euro bumpers are sold now too. Listing the 24v engine package separately...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wheels

How much would you want for the wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alfa Romeo 75 wheel

So, I finally settled on a set of the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1s for the 17" street wheels and a set of Nitto NT01s for the 15" track wheels.

The 215/40/17 Z1s are mounted - here are some shots of one of the wheels mocked-up to the side of the car (I'll mount them later - to the car that is...) :D
Good day. What is the exact name of the 17" white wheels?, And its parameters

are very beautiful

thank you

181 - 195 of 195 Posts