Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While leaving the orig. oil pressure line and gauge intact, is there another place where a sender can be attached for an aulixary oil pressure gauge?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Yes there is and it is at the front LHS of the engine where the low oil pressure warning light sender is located. However why have an auxiliary gauge when the normal one can be made to work correctly. I found that by using a manual gauge in the sender position, I could compare the dash instrument with the manual one and was able to find that the dash instrument sender was faulty and so I replaced it . Now the two are within a coupe of pounds of each other. Nice result!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stuart,:)

I'm just curious if my main gauge is truly accurate. IMO, my readings are a bit low. I've sent for a "modern" Autometer gauge and if I can get it plugged in, I'll find out for sure.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I have about 57 lbs cold tick over dropping to 40 when warm. Over 70 at 3000 when cold dropping to 70 when warm. All on 20/50 old fashioned oil. How do your pressures compare?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there is and it is at the front LHS of the engine where the low oil pressure warning light sender is located.
:(maybe on yours but not mine. There's 1 switch on the front LHS of the engine but nothing else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts