·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't see why gays who wish to serve don't use the second amendment to bolster their right to serve.

Mo in NJ
Never Served,
Eternally Grateful

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

It amazes me how twisted the reading of this simple sentence becomes in the hands of the anti-gun fanatics.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state.."

If you remember what Lexington Green was all about, this is obvious. In modern dumb english: "Government will always have an army of various sorts, we barely trust them, so the people need the right and the arms to oppose its misuse."

In 1775, "the Government" was the British, and its Army was the "well regulated militia". General Gauge's intent in marching on Lexington was to confiscate the arms, powder, and shot stored in the private (not government but owned by a collective group of people that called themselves "Minutemen") armory at Lexington.

BTW that collection included two 6-pounder cannons and their shot too. I suppose that means the Second Amendment guarantees our right to have a Cannon...... ;)

Robert

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
On "Gun Violence Statistics"

1. This group is a known and registered Anti-Gun lobbying group.

2. If you separate gun use by criminals already banned from having guns and gang-on-gang shootings (or blowback strays), soap in home showers is more deadly, and pillows kill more infants. The stats carefully do not differentiate "children" that are hardened but young gang members and leaders from the good pre-adolescent children of normal citizens - the latter is the image their terminology evokes, but the former is the reality of most gun violence. It is amazing how many gun crimes are related to the promotion of drug dealers to the next higher tier (by killing their boss - the life expectancy of a mid tier drug dealer is reported to be under 26 years).

3. There are more incidents every year where ordinary citizens using a gun prevented a crime or stopped one than the opposite. Of course, these are virtually NEVER reported in the left-of-fourth estate.

R

·
Richard Jemison
7,188 Posts
Gun Control as it should be!

THIS STORY EXEMPLIFIES GUN CONTROL AS IT SHOULD BE.

Shooting in Butte, Montana

Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders Butte, Montana November 5, 2006

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home.

It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news....

Now that is Gun Control

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought for the day

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
BTW that collection included two 6-pounder cannons and their shot too. I suppose that means the Second Amendment guarantees our right to have a Cannon...... ;)

Robert
As a matter of fact, antique black powder cannons are quite legal and used at rendezvous events with great regularity. This one was built by a group of friends here in the area. Typical shot today is more often candy for the kids, socks, a bowling ball for some models, or a log shoot with round ball here. Not aware of any restriction on size ;)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun.

:rolleyes:A Remington 870 Wingmaster is a much smoother weapon but being the circumstances involved, the Mossberg would suffice:)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Our right to arm bears

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Ok, I want a cannon!... And just for the record, we don't own any firearms, but I'm not afraid to wear my NRA cap, even in NJ & NY! :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
how many..

"It is amazing how many gun crimes are related to the promotion of drug dealers to the next higher tier"

And how many would that be, then? Any stats, numbers or studies you could direct me to on that one?

·
Registered
887 Posts
We do have to register and insure our Alfas if we want to use them on public roads.

Mo in NJ
Oh boy, I'm in for it now.
I wonder if my ACLU card is fire proof.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
We do have to register and insure our Alfas if we want to use them on public roads.
That's to ensure that we don't get overtaken by the "Gang who couldn't drive straight"! :) But I'm not sure it's worked either. :rolleyes:

Best regards,

·
Registered
887 Posts
Enrique

You live in Jersey, we've already been taken over by that crew.

Anyone want to talk about driver's licenses?

Mo in NJ
Itching for a fight
I already know the way to the emergency room.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
topic

"Anyone want to talk about driver's licenses?"

Huh? As opposed to gun control? Are you nuts? Let's not go there. There are plenty of much less controversial topics like Religion, Iraq, the 2008 election or even Stones v. The Who.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
... even Stones v. The Who.
Pink Floyd ("The Wall", "Dark Side of the Moon" is #1 CD - or is it Jackson's "Thriller"?)

Jerry Garcia, The Grateful Dead

:)

My Lady says Mick Jagger is the sexiest ugly guy ever. Or is it the ugliest sexy guy....? Great music for an old man anyway.

R

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Oh just stop it LM, you can post away all you want, but you are never gonna catch Tifosi. NEVER. Hahahahahahaaha

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts