Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting A/C on my 1973 Berlina. I bought a complete system from a 70's Spyder complete with mounting bracket for the compressor. The bracket bolt onto the head where the 2 very large Allen wrench cooling jacket plugs are located at the front of the head.

Has anyone had these plugs out? How difficult are they to remove?

Does anyone have the replacement plugs that the bracket bolts to?

·
Richard Jemison
7,188 Posts
Cam bore Plug removal

Thet are tight but removable. The steel plugs with studs are fairly common. Same as used in Alfettas. I probably have a couple as I use them in the race cars to build an upper torque & mounting crossmember. If you can`t find them locally let me know. Send an email, away racing for a few days.:p

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
R2:

I would be interested to see your experience with the AC install. I am considering the same thing with my GTV although I was thinking about using an aftermarket (Vintage Air) unit.

As to the plugs, I too have some extra ones. Still in the heads actually - I was planning on using a deep socket and an impact wrench. RJ can hook you up but if not let me know...

Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gprocket,
Thanks. Mine are a recessed hex style, hence a LARGE Allen wrench would be needed for removal. I was hoping to do this with the head on the engine in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts