Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched but I still have questions..... The car is a 77 Spica spider, 10548 cam, 10.4 Borgo, two piece cast exhaust. I got my fancy dancy new cam timing templates and thought I would see how things stand. I did a baseline 3rd gear timed WOT test on a nearby road. I had been using the shankle, now centreline templates glued to aluminum but with recent discussion related to the new templates I figured I should recheck. Turns out I was at 96/97..... :-s
I took the opportunity to engage my youngest kid in cam timing, we made changes, ending up coming out at 101/104. Went back to the same road, same process, 2500-5500 runs. Post cam timing change I'm slower... Which was not the expected outcome. By a bit, from averaged 13 seconds to 13.4 over three runs.

Thoughts? Should I have expected to be faster?

Thank you,

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I was at 104/104 with my Centerline 11.1mm cams.
I followed Alfaparticle's suggestion and went to 99/108 and it sure woke up.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went and made a small adjustment, ending up at 99/105, back to 13 seconds.... At 101/104 it noticeably stalled out around 5000, taking forever to get that last little bit. Now at 99/105 it just kept going. I'm tempted to keep dialling the intake back, is there a drawback to that?

Thank you,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts