Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it has been 4 years and 2 months with the Verde. Bought it with 197K and it just turned 280K yesterday. Been a good car so far. Interior is probably the worst for wear. Need to sink some $$ into the seats. Body looks decent since the rust work and repaint last summer. Engine pulls strong (only regular maintenance). Trans shifts fine (rebuilt a couple of years ago).

I bought a truck for winter and farm use, so probably won't see as much winter duty on Milo. May take two more years, but I am stretching for 300! :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats! That's super impressive! I hope mine will pull for that long. We will see. Just ticked 125k so I got a ways to go till I get there. But again that is just proof that these cars aren't as bad as the stereotype would have us believe.

·
Premium Member
13,457 Posts
That is impressive. They are both fun and practical cars when (almost) everything is working properly.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
That is truly impressive! Just curious — do you live in a place that requires regular smog checks? (When I owned a Milano one of the frequent maintenance items was the catalytic converter. Seemed to go through them at about 60K mile intervals.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's pretty good going, my Twinspark is currently showing 195,000 but I know that it lost around 11,000 when the dash pod was changed and a lower mileage one was fitted so it's more like 206,000 real miles.

Still the original engine and gearbox neither of which have been apart but I've changed the clutch, starter motor, alternator, water pump and fuel pump. Suspension bushes and ball joints all got done as part of the "product testing" of the Alfaholics handling kit as did the exhaust. Free stuff FTW!

I repainted it 6 years ago and it's still holding up well

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The catalytic converter looks original to the car. We don't have any checks in Nebraska. No safety inspection, no smog no nothin'. :)
I've lived where they had one or both and found that they are really just bureaucratic stupidity. There is always a way around if you want, and most of the focus is on extorting $ for inspections or repairs.

Jim - yours looks fantastic. Could be a clone of Milo except for the splitter and the engine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts